best eras of anathema

the velorium camper

New Metal Member
Jun 23, 2004
dallas, tx
ive listened to some anathema and noticed that they have a death metal era and a soft but still dark era.

i just wanted know there best cd so i can buy it.

thanx

i'd go for either alternative 4 or judgement. it's hard to judge between the two at this time of the day. it requires a lot of thought.

"death era" was from their start to she silent enigma album... later music becomes softer but still dark :] so if you want cd from "death era" buy serenades or silent enigma.... and if you want (for me better :] ) softer cd you can buy: eternity, alternative 4, judgement, a fine day to exit, a natural disaster. a natural disaster is the latest cd =] now i like this one the most but it changes with mood etc... :)

people usually says that the bests albums are judgement and alternaive 4 ... but i think you should try all their albums :) and buy all cds =P

illiad_of_woes.jpg

just kidding :p

my two favs are The Silent Enigma and A Natural Disaster, think those 2 give you a little bit of both 'eras' you mentioned
I don't really think we can count TSE to the 'death' part though, it's better to say that's the odd one out from both :)

Alternative 4 is the anathema album par excellence. Judgment has one song, "One Last Goodbye" that has lasted the test of time since its release...most of the other songs on that album dont interest me much anymore. Alternative 4 on the other hand has never gotten old to my ears. I'd say that judgment would come last in my list(in no particular order) after silent enigma, eternity, a fine day to exit, and natural disaster.

I think you should listen to the albums from the beginning, and follow their evolution. All the albums are different and it’s difficult to say which one is the best.
I think the albums before The Silent Enigma aren’t so good, but you should try them anyway. :)

oe said:
Alternative 4 is the anathema album par excellence. Judgment has one song, "One Last Goodbye" that has lasted the test of time since its release...most of the other songs on that album dont interest me much anymore. Alternative 4 on the other hand has never gotten old to my ears. I'd say that judgment would come last in my list(in no particular order) after silent enigma, eternity, a fine day to exit, and natural disaster.
:yow: come on..
:cry: not even.. :cry: not even.. forgotten hopes? deep? judgement? emotional winter? make it right? anyone, anywhere???