Best games of all time - your thoughts

gears is so over rated, i agree. i beat it once on regular, then again on the hard difficulty, or heroic (whatever its called) and i have no urge to play it again. rainbow6 vegas blows it away.

It's meant to be played online. :rolleyes:

Word on Commander Keen, Karmic. That game, alongside Lemmings, ruled my life when I was like 6.

Always been fond of the Metal Gear Solid series, too. They were life-changing, to some degree. Same with the early MK games. Love the Tenchu series, as well, sneaky, shady stealth + ninja gore and skills = good stuff.
However, I reckon the most memorably brilliant game series in my life has to be Streets of motherfucking Rage. Goddamn, they were the baws.
Having said that, I've never been an uber gamer, 'cos I find it too time-consuming and addictive. I also have slight rage problems when I get too absorbed in a game...

Anyhoo, I'm missing 'Scrubs'...

Edit: Cunt-flaps, it's finished.

Seriously, dude, that game was way fucking ahead of its time and I've yet to find any RTS that duplicates it. Fuck building, fuck upgrading your units, fuck who-can-zerg-rush-fastest. Here's your army, here's your amazing physics engine, GO FORTH AND FUCKING SLAUGHTER.

The storyline was kickass, too.

RPG / Adventure:
Final Fantasy 6
Baldur's Gate series
Anything with Brain Fargo's association (Fallout, Bards Tale, etc)

FPS:
Doom trilogy

rygar
legend of zelda (the whole series except the cgi games and zelda II)

most lucasarts adventure titles
final 7

Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain
FF7

SUPER METROID

FINAL FANTASY 6

UN Squadron AKA Area 88

I approve.

Oh yeah, anyone remember that soccer game for NES? It was fucking awesome.

Nintendo_World_Cup_NES_ScreenShot2.jpg
Haha, yeah, World Cup. Funny thing is, it was probably made by Americans, because the makers of that game had absolutely no clue what football is about. You could tackle enemy players into oblivion (they'd stay down for an entire game sometimes) and nobody minded. But it was fun as Hell :D

Anyway. The best game ever is without a doubt, Planescape: Torment. I've never played a game that had such phenomenal writing as PS:T. Fallout 2, Final Fantasy VII and Baldur's Gate II are close contenders.

Haha, yeah, World Cup. Funny thing is, it was probably made by Americans, because the makers of that game had absolutely no clue what football is about. You could tackle enemy players into oblivion (they'd stay down for an entire game sometimes) and nobody minded. But it was fun as Hell :D

A friend of mine had that game and it was all we played, haha.