Your favorite video games

Anyone picked up a copy or played Brutal Legend yet?

I played the demo on PS3 and I really enjoyed it's cheesiness. Will probably be picking this up when I get a console of my own. A game dedicated to metal is something I can't miss out on :).

Yeah , I got that game from my brother for Christmas , it is a pretty awesome game ! Jack Black is funny as hell in it , plus Lemmy , Ozzy and Rob Halford do voices for it.

- Half-Life 2

Just finished Episode Two the other day. Fucking thing beats the crap out of BOTH the original HL2 and Episode One... Great game. They really caught my interest towards the final Episode.

My favorite all-time games are:

Fallout 2 - Just what this game packs inside is mindblowing. Great gaming experience.

Doom 2 - The original Doom is the one of the first games I've ever played, and I still keep getting back to the original Dooms. I prefer Doom 2 to the first though.

Deus Ex - Great experience, excellent story. Doesn't work in my current PC, which fucking sucks.

King's Quest 2 remake - I feel somewhat gay about this one, but I really have a thing for great classic adventure games :D I find myself playing this through over and over again. Epic storytelling in my opinion. The first one is great too, but much shorter and the story isn't as good.

I'm likely forgetting a lot of great games, but take this as more like a "current" all-time favorite list.

Just finished Episode Two the other day. Fucking thing beats the crap out of BOTH the original HL2 and Episode One... Great game. They really caught my interest towards the final Episode.

I haven't played episodes 1 & 2 yet even I've had the orange box for a year already :ill:

BTW.. Does anyone know when's the ep3 due for release?

Will start with ep1 today :D

Yeah , I got that game from my brother for Christmas , it is a pretty awesome game ! Jack Black is funny as hell in it , plus Lemmy , Ozzy and Rob Halford do voices for it.

Cool man, can't wait to pick it up myself. I ordered it to play on a friend's PS3 from play.com but it's out of stock at the moment. What are your impressions of the strategic element of it? I heard you could build armies of headbangers and such and fight other factions etc.

-Fallout 1 & 2
-Planescape Torment
-Baldur's Gate II
-KOTOR 1 & 2
-IL-2 1946
-Diablo 2
-Company of Heroes
-Final Fantasy 7
-Mechwarrior 2: Mercenaries
-Ninja Gaiden (on the master system)

I think that's catching all the main ones. Some notable runners up include: X3, Titan Quest, Rogue Spear and various others I've forgotten over time.

BTW.. Does anyone know when's the ep3 due for release?

Valve have been working on it and there was supposed to be a big reveal near the end of 09 but it never happened. So who fuckin' knows man.

And their usual motto for releases is "when it's done."
Considering how strangely quiet they've been about it and due to a bunch of subtle hints towards its existence and it's awesomeness from Valve, I'm thinking they have something pretty substantial. So my guesstimate for release is late this year.

System Shock 2

ATM I play Dragon Age, it`s pretty awesome but does not quite reach the beauty of Baldur`s Gate 2.

Just got Champions of Norrath for my ps2. Pretty much Baldur's Gate 3 which is awesome cause I really really had a lot of fun playing BG

yeah yeah .. I'm fucking behind the times but I guess its a good thing that I don't have so much free time for video games

Valve have been working on it and there was supposed to be a big reveal near the end of 09 but it never happened. So who fuckin' knows man.

Considering how strangely quiet they've been about it and due to a bunch of subtle hints towards its existence and it's awesomeness from Valve, I'm thinking they have something pretty substantial. So my guesstimate for release is late this year.

I heard they're making it longer than the previous two episodes, and with all the unfolding-plot-stuff in it, I'm hoping they'll be able to pull it off with a good taste. I think they did it with Episode Two, can't wait for the third one.

id rather wait for years for it to be perfect than to have it anything less than perfect sooner. valve always deliver.

Star Wars (NES)
Duck Hunt (NES)
Zelda IV: A Link to the Past (SNES)
Quake (PC)
Need for Speed (PC)
Total Annihilation (PC)
Doom 2 (PC)
Mortal Kombat 2 (SNES)
Goldeneye (N64)
Donkey Kong Country (SNES)
Earthworm Jim (SNES)
NBA Jam (SNES)
F-Zero (SNES)
Super Mario Kart (SNES)
Metroid (NES)
Final Fantasy VII (PS1)
Super Mario Bros 3 (NES)
Half Life (PC) <--this was about the point I stopped playing PC games
Resident Evil 2 (PS1)
Wave Race 64 (N64)
Gran Turismo 2 (PS1)
Jet Grind Radio (Dreamcast)
Bart vs the Space Mutants (NES)

this is the way everything should be done. honestly...

i hate when the label sets a release date right after i just finished quantizing drums...

cool guys, glad you could wait to have the actual product you're going to sell in your hands, because its not even made yet. yeah real cool.

I just received my nintendo 64 NIB from ebay today....Yes new in the box, Because i fucked up and sold mine way back in the day, When the xbox came out.I wanted to hit up some goldeneye 64 which is undoubtedly a classic.

-Fallout 1 & 2

-IL-2 1946

Loved Fallout 1&2.

Still gotta try IL-2 1946. I had the original IL2 & it was freakin' awesome.

I noticed you mentioned X3.. I never got that far in it... how's the combat? I'm thinking of reinstalling with a money cheat & giving another shot at it.

FWIW, I'm chomping at the bit to get my hands on Jumpgate 2.

I grew up in arcades so I have a big soft spot for anything arcade...I had a huge collection of arcade games at one point, but I have sold quite a few to fund music stuff...

Anyhow, my fave games are (not really in order) :

1. Street Fighter III: Third Strike (deepest, most rewarding fighting game of all time)

2. Doom II (no way to front on this one)

3. Resident Evil 4 (great gameplay, atmosphere and amazing boss fights)

4. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (I have always loved CV and this one is pure perfection)

5. Metal Gear Solid (Kojima has yet to top this little nugget)

There are a ton more, but that's some of my favs for sure.

this is the way everything should be done. honestly...

i hate when the label sets a release date right after i just finished quantizing drums...

cool guys, glad you could wait to have the actual product you're going to sell in your hands, because its not even made yet. yeah real cool.

So fucking true.
its like with periphery, theyve taken years getting this fucking album done but i'm sure it will be monumental for it
waiting and perfecting every single little detail is always worth it