Highly overrated games

Just about any first person shooter these days. Their jump over to consoles was one of the dumbest moves in gaming history, cementing the fact that they are the gaming industry's Top 40, existing solely to draw large profits toward the publisher and developer.

Yep.
Should have kept that shit to the PC.
All the best FPS games are for PC (and IMO, made before 2000)

Deus Ex was 2000, NOLF was 2002 (and its sequel was 2002), and Postal 2 was 2003... if you're not counting those, I have some bad news for you.

Jeff

Well i meant to say most games. I didn't literally mean ALL games made before 2000 bro:lol:
Postal 2 is cool , but as I said I think most FPS games made after 2000 are pretty terrible.
Then again people think I'm pretty "gay" for vastly preferring the original Doom engine games to new stuff when I could be playing "cool" modern FPS games

Most games made *ever* are terrible. If you're going to be nostalgic, at least indicate that you were there... and if you can name *any* clunker as awful as Extreme Paintball in the last few years I'll be amazed.

The Doom engine had more than a few faults - I don't like flashy nonsense if I can avoid it, but when an engine gets in the way of *making sense* as much as Doom's did... that said, I'd rather play those three games than anything else I can think of.

Jeff

Deus Ex was really advanced for the time but I did not like much. It was more easy to kill with a stick than with a gun and after some time the game gets boring.

If God Of War series are boring, what would be exciting?:loco:

I just love Deus Ex purely for its story and setting, I agree the gameplay is...lacking :lol: (though only as far as combat goes IMO, the level design is absolutely fantastic, with all the different points of ingress into an area, and tons of hidden schtuff too)