Votes: 31 27.0%
  • The Dark Saga

Votes: 13 11.3%
  • Something Wicked This Way Comes

Votes: 37 32.2%
  • Horror Show

Votes: 15 13.0%

• Total voters
Horror Show for me. I don't like the vocals particularly on the first two releases, plus the songwriting wasn't quite up to full potential....although tracks like Iced Earth and Travel In Stygian are definately awesome.

I thought Burnt Offerings for obvious reasons, but decided the middle of the album was slightly lacklustre.

I immediately disregarded Dark Saga. It's got about 4 tracks that rate amongst Iced Earth's most awesome and kickass songs, but the majority of that album is mediocre and boring. Especially the first half. BLAH.

Something Wicked is truly kickass. It's got Stand Alone, the trilogy, and some good ballad type stuff, but I eventually decided no because the heavy song/soft song alternating album structure just doesn't work. it sounds contrived and repetative, and amongst the awesome songs, there's still filler creeping in from Dark Sage.

I chose Horror Show because every single song on that album is memorable, it's got a strong driving theme, and it's easily got the most thought-out lyrics of any IE release to date.

So...there I go. =D

It would seem less difficult to choose between god and satan. I would have to crucify myself to the something wicked album.

The suspect shadow where they least
expect my burning grasp to reach
The stranglehold, the open arms
Seeking sweet meat with no holes barred

It would seem less difficult to choose be god and satan. I would have to crucify myself to the something wicked album.

The suspect shadow were they least
expect my burning grasp to reach
The stranglehold, the open arms
Seeking sweet meat with no holes barred

Hey all, I am new to this forum. :wave:

I choose BO, as it is one of my all time fav albums. It is so powerful, with brilliant song writing, an absolute killer guitar tone (the best ever), and an awesome vocal performance. Also, this is the most evil sounding music I have ever heard, and leaves all death/black metal for dead. BO destroys! :headbang:

I don't really think it goes weak in the middle either. Of course the title track and 'Dantes Inferno' are the standouts, but 'Last December', 'Diary', 'Brainwashed' and 'Creator Failure' are all awesome as well IMO.

Dark Saga. It was actually my first Iced album. Pretty straight forvard all the way through, but it doesn't change the fact that I still think it's their best work.

Something Wicked is the best:

It combines the fast and straight forward stuff with the atmosphere of the great ballads.

Usually I like the old stuff better, but when I like to listen to them I prefer "Alive In Athens" or the "Days Of Purgatory" double disc set, because the NOTSR songs are a lot better with Matt on vocals.

"some shit a "true" metalhead would never listen to, i.e. Beethoven"

WHAT?!!?!?! Every true metalhead listens to Beethoven. Dumbass.

Lord of Metal said:
Yeah, I was joking too. Dumbass.

Tsk, tsk. Someone is young , dumb and living in these states, or are you just immature? I never thought i would ever say this to anyone, being the gung-ho metal head that I am, try and broaden up your horizons a little bit, you've got to balance, a little culture never hurt anyone, especially an American.