Best Intros/Outros

YaYo

whendaydescends.com
May 6, 2001
Whats everyone's favorite song and album intro/outro. By album intro/outro i mean just the first few seconds or so, not the best intro song. I'll limit my answers to just Opeth but feel free to say any other music worthy of mention.

Best Album Intro : MAYH
I love the rain and the piano and the vocal thing. it sets the mood for the album amazingly.

Best Album Outro : Still Life
This is a very hard decision, the only album i dont like the outro on is BWP. But it has to go to SL. Those last few acoustic notes on SL leave me yearning for more, while still feeling complete. If im lying down listening to this album i will not move for about 10 minutes after that album ends. A close 2nd place goes to Morningrise.

Best Song Intro : Drapery Falls
This is also impossible, but ill choose Drapery.

Best Song Outro : Moonlapse Vertigo
Don't ask me why but this outro just does something to me. Also the outro to Face Of Melinda deserves a mention, as does To Bid You Farewell.

Originally posted by YaYoGakk
Best Album Intro : MAYH
I love the rain and the piano and the vocal thing. it sets the mood for the album amazingly.

Best Album Outro : Still Life
This is a very hard decision, the only album i dont like the outro on is BWP. But it has to go to SL. Those last few acoustic notes on SL leave me yearning for more, while still feeling complete. If im lying down listening to this album i will not move for about 10 minutes after that album ends. A close 2nd place goes to Morningrise.
I must agree w/you on those.

Best Song Intro: Bleak
Best Song Outro: Demon of the Fall bcs of the way it goes into Creedence.

Opeth-Best Album Intro=The Moor. I love how it suits the concept, everything seems so calm at first, but then the real story kicks in, and th heavy guitars let loose. So twisted and powerful...

Best Album outro-MAYH-Epilogue. I need say nothing. Just amazing.

Song Intro-Madrigal (Count it as the intro to The Amen Corner )

BEst Song outro-Dirge for November!

Best Album Intro ever--Al Svartr (The Oath) By Emperor.....

Originally posted by Till Fjalls
Opeth-Best Album Intro=The Moor. I love how it suits the concept, everything seems so calm at first, but then the real story kicks in, and th heavy guitars let loose. So twisted and powerful...

Best Album outro-MAYH-Epilogue. I need say nothing. Just amazing.
Agreed.

Song intro: Very hard to choose...Drapery Falls, Bleak, Amen Corner, Moonlapse Vertigo, Godhead's Lament, The Moor, Nectar...damn that's a lot.
Song outro: The Funeral Portrait

Well since a lot are mentioning My Arms Your Hearse, I thought I would mention something... I believe that My Arms Your Hearse is the best album ever in terms of setting the mood, releasing the mood at teh end, and the atmosphere of that album is amazing, its perfect in those terms really!! Who else agrees?

You are right man. That album meshes together almost flawlessly. Everything just builds and and builds, then it comes down. It's like a good book really. Amazing album, but criminally underrated also.

I love the intro from "Forest of October." It feels like something epic and unexplainable is happening.

As for Outros, I like the one from"In Mist She Was Standing"

For Opeth..

Best Album Intro : I also feel MAYH..it sets the mood.

Best Album Outro : same..MAYH...it ends it so well

Best Song Intro : For the first minute...best start would be When....still blows me away..(wait...so far all my choices have been from MAYH!! :)

Best Song Outro : The Night and The Silent Water....because if I said April Ethereal, everyone would say I had a hard-on for MAYH. :)

Oh yeah I forgot, I fucking love the end of Forest of October where they play that riff from the beginning clean and the drums do that little march type thing in the background. Thats one of my all time favorite Opeth moments.

n.p. Dark Tranquillity -- Scythe, Rage, and Roses

Originally posted by YaYoGakk
the only album i dont like the outro on is BWP.

Whoa! I can't believe someone doesn't like the outro of BWP!! :err: Sheesh I think it's beautiful.

My fav outro is Black Rose Immortal. After the buildup up to that godawful-tormented-chilling shriek at the end! After that cliMAXXXING moment... the outro (everything after the actual screem) is pure heaven... gives you gime to gett your head to stop spinning.:loco:
ahhhhh....

Here´s my list of great Intro-Outro´s:

° Intro: "The Return" - Ancient Rites
"Avondland" - Ancient Rites
"Conspirator" - Hollenthon

° Outro: "Ceremony of Opposites" - Samael
"Dim Carcosa" - Ancient Rites
"Cain" - Ancient Rites
"The Arrival of the Demons" - Hypocrisy

...and many more

Originally posted by rummtummy

Whoa! I can't believe someone doesn't like the outro of BWP!! :err: Sheesh I think it's beautiful.

hehe, i dunno, whenever i think about it i should like it. But whenever i listen to it it just happens a bit too quickly for me. I think the very first time i listened to the album i was waiting for more, waiting for some awesome emotional outro, and then the CD stopped spinning and only then did i realise i'd just heard the outro. Just didnt leave me as stunned or emotional as the other CDs had. If it did do this for you then i am envious, and maybe one day it'll click for me too.

Opeth:

Best album intro: Still Life (simple, but so damn effective)
Best album outro: My Arms, Your Hearse (ABSOLUTELY BEST ALBUM OUTRO EVER)

Best song intro: When (short, yet great)
Best song outro: The same as above (so emotional!)

Aside Opeth:

Best album intro: Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath (read the words on the album sleeve!)
Best album outro: Therion - Theli (majestic)

Best song intro: In Flames - Worlds within the Margin (had many, but decided to choose this one)
Best song outro: Dark Tranquillity - A Bolt of Blazing Gold (two incredibly beautiful outros in one song!)

-Villain (np: YUP - Lauluja Metsästä - "Ihana elämä")

Gdc you are definately right about Avondland, fucking beautiful song!!!!!!!! I just wish it went on for a longer!!! Pretty good album there!

fav album intro: the knowing, m.a.y.h.
fav album outro: the knowing, m.a.y.h.
fav song into: cartharis of sea-sleep and dreaming shrines, to bid you farewell, for every leaves that fall
fav song outro: with rue and fire (the last few sentence), some opeth song, and many others