Hex Omega... an Anti-climax to Watershed?

Witcher

Into the trees...
Mar 14, 2008
www.myspace.com
Watershed is brilliant in my opinion.. my second favourite record to Blackwater Park.
but...
Bearing BWP in mind, is it just me or is Hex Omega a total Anti-Climax in goodness on Watershed....?
Its the song I like least on the record and when compared to the outro to BWP (the title track) it just seems pretty duff?
Up to that point on the album there isnt a lapse in quality...

Watershed is brilliant in my opinion.. my second favourite record to Blackwater Park.
but...
Bearing BWP in mind, is it just me or is Hex Omega a total Anti-Climax in goodness on Watershed....?
Its the song I like least on the record and when compared to the outro to BWP (the title track) it just seems pretty duff?

wrong, porcelain heart is that one.

i disagree with you,i actually like that track
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witcher
but...
wrong, porcelain heart is that one.
i find porcelain heart a great track,in fact one of the best in watershed

I think Hex Omega is a great closing song. The slow heavy riff at the end is just brilliant, as is the rest of the song. The only other track I think would be a great closer is Hessian Peel.

I disagree aswell, I really like Hex Omega alot. I dont think the last song of an album is ment to be climactic or anti cimactic (the climax usualy comes somewhere in the middle of the album I believe, and the rest is all downhill)

But I find it to be one of the more interesting and enjoyable songs on the album.

^Actually I don't think that the ending of an album is supposed to be "downhill". I like it when the album gets better and better all the time towards the end.

I love Hex Omega, especially the part about the moon and the organ at the very end...its so chillingly beautiful. As a song title, is Hex Omega supposed to mean 'the end of the curse', or 'the curse that goes on forever'?

I love Hex Omega, especially the part about the moon and the organ at the very end...its so chillingly beautiful. As a song title, is Hex Omega supposed to mean 'the end of the curse', or 'the curse that goes on forever'?

+1. Spectacular track for that reason.
Now, looking at the Watershed "concept", it could probably mean either.... Although I'm sure I'm wrong.

I think that Hex Omega is a very good song.. it is generally a very good song from which I especially like the ""middle"" riff ( you know, the one upon which the guitar solo is played ).

But I must say that I would prefer "Hessian Peel" with its heavy, twisted last riffs as a closer of Watershed.

Porcelain Heart is, imo, definetely the worst song of the album, maybe the worst Opeth song of all times.

I actually thought the exact opposite the first time I heard Hex Omega. As a standalone song I don't think it's anything fantastic. It's not a song I ever skip to (though usually I only listen to Watershed as one collective work, not for songs) but as the closer for an album I feel like it has an extremely epic feeling. The part at the very end where the guitar lifts and leaves just the organs always leaves me feeling so peaceful and satisfied.

Hex Omega is like a good cigarette after sex.