Votes: 21 37.5%
  • Hex Omega

Votes: 6 10.7%

• Total voters

opeth8

My Arms, Your Casket
Sep 29, 2005
USA
Well Watershed has finally been released to the masses & we've all had plenty of time to digest. By now I'm sure we all have our list of favorite songs from the album. In the coming months Opeth will embark on their headlining tours. In the past following a new release, they typically perform at least 2 new songs.

I've been wondering what song their likely to add from Watershed. More importantly what song do I hope they'll add to the set list. Let's have a poll of what we want to hear. Obviously I don't expect we'll have any influence on which song/songs the band will select.

The best song live isn't always our favorite song. It needs to be a song that will mesh with a live setting. A song that is full of emotion. A song that will make us all appreciate the mighty Opeth

For me it comes down to Burden, Hessian Peel & Hex Omega. Starting their show with Coil would also be amazing. After lots of pondering, I would select the awesome Hex Omega. It just begs to be played live. IMO it's their greatest achievement of the album. The tempo transitions are perfect.

The only negative I can find (being a glass half empty kind of guy) is that it's the shortest of their heavier songs.

I think the Lotus Eater could translate really well to the stage, it has so much energy. It would be tough to pull off though its a pretty intricate song. I agree with Hex Omega too, that would kick ass as a closing song to a setlist.

After seeing the rehearsal tapes, I believe they could pull off great version of TLE.

hessian. hands down. the journey that is that song will leave the audience speechless.

Lotus Eater would be the obvious choice, and probably the best one too. Even though Porcelain Heart's the single, it doesn't strike me as a live song, particularly with the quick changes between acoustic and metal.

You said they would play two more new songs and I could pick two in the poll, so I said Porcelain Heart and The Lotus Eater. I figure that they will play Porcelain Heart because they have a video for it. I chose The Lotus Eater because I heard in an interview that Mike would liked for this to be the single instead if he had to have one.

Personally, I would love to hear Hessian Peel and Hex Omega performed live. I think that Burden could be a chill live track which would be nice. Coil is amazing, but probably not possible live without Axe's girlfriend.

I'm sure there will be 3 or 4 songs included in new Opeth set-list. My opinion

Heir Apparent
The Lotus Eater
Porcelain Heart
Hessian Peel

First two because of it's the only two "heavy" songs on the album. The third one because of it's a single. And the fourth one because of guys playd its interlude on a few "DOTF" and "PN" shows. Bur it would be awesome if they will play "Burden" also.