Best Kata album post-Brave Murder Day

What's your favourite Kata album post-BMD?

• Discouraged Ones

Votes: 29 24.6%
  • Tonight's Decision

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Last Fair Deal Gone Down

Votes: 32 27.1%
  • Viva Emptiness

Votes: 24 20.3%
  • The Great Cold Distance

Votes: 25 21.2%

• Total voters
firstly i must say that i don't write this message to make an argument.and i know that slayer and katatonia have different styles!!!!!! everyone's favourite can be different.and in this thread we are writing our favourites.this thread is very subjective.you cannot say anyone that your favourite is not the best.i respect wheathered ideas.he can think that this forum is senseless.but i am misunderstood too.i wanted to say that you can think that katatonias every album is a masterpiece and we cannot say the best one for any of them.because all of them are best.but this is your idea i like katatonia and discouraged ones has a great meaning for me.it is the best for me.you accept or not.so i feel a bit angry when you say that reign in blood is the best slayer album.a lot of people think that it is best you are right.but reign in blood is one of the best albums in music history.it is one of the best album in the thrash metal history.south of heaven or seasons in the abyss are the classics too.and those albums are best for a lot of slayer fan.who decides the best albums?who can say anything to me if i say seasons in the abyss is the best?this is subjective.i like katatonia they are realy special for me.but if i think objectivly i can't say that slayer is not legend but katatonia is.to be someones best is subjective but to be a legend is depends on the count of the albums that you sold.and slayer sold millions.maybe katatonia be a legend in time but not now.and this isn't make them worthless.

stefan86 said:
TD is probably 2nd favourite for pretty much everyone voting for DO or LFDGD, heh :p

Well, maybe, who knows, but it's my least fave that's for sure....

1. TGCD
2. LFDGD
3. DO
4. DODS
5. BMD
6. VE
7. TD

...however, I really do like them all.

one with misery said:
this thread is very subjective.you cannot say anyone that your favourite is not the best.i respect wheathered ideas.he can think that this forum is senseless.but i am misunderstood too.i wanted to say that you can think that katatonias every album is a masterpiece and we cannot say the best one for any of them.because all of them are best.but this is your idea i like katatonia and discouraged ones has a great meaning for me.it is the best for me.you accept or not.

And I think what Weathered meant was that in common opinion Katatonia doesn't have an album that would be considered more higher than any other album of their's. He didn't say that the other Slayer albums would be less good, Reign in blood just became the cornerstone of Slayer so I no wonder many consider it to be their best. I'd go with Seasons in the abyss too, though.

one with misery said:
so i feel a bit angry when you say that reign in blood is the best slayer album.a lot of people think that it is best you are right.but reign in blood is one of the best albums in music history.it is one of the best album in the thrash metal history.

Isn't this subjective too?

one with misery said:
To be someones best is subjective but to be a legend is depends on the count of the albums that you sold.and slayer sold millions.maybe katatonia be a legend in time but not now.and this isn't make them worthless.

I have to disagree with this one... I don't think that the number of records you've sold gives you the status of "legend". I don't think Jessica Simpson will be remembered in ten years anymore. Meanwhile the legend of notorious GG Allin from Murderjunkies keeps on living and I bet they didn't sell albums that much.

I'm a bit offensive today I guess :zombie:

Divatkreaci&#243 said:
And I think what Weathered meant was that in common opinion Katatonia doesn't have an album that would be considered more higher than any other album of their's. He didn't say that the other Slayer albums would be less good, Reign in blood just became the cornerstone of Slayer so I no wonder many consider it to be their best. I'd go with Seasons in the abyss too, though.

;)

Viva Emptiness is very high up on my list. I also really like Tonight's Decision-- this is probably because Tonight's Decision was the first cd I bought of Kata's. I also have Discouraged Ones, but I have trouble understanding what they are saying. I really like Saw you drown though. Yup. Evidence for the win.

I voted DO... Can't tell why but everything on that album sounds perfect to me_Especially the "numb" feeling in the vocals....