Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The World Needs A Hero

• The System Has Failed

• Other

• Total voters
Bad production can fuck some albums up while other albums it can add character to. In Megadeth's case I think their first album's production & songwriting both sucked.

Bad production can fuck some albums up while other albums it can add character to. In Megadeth's case I think their first album's production & songwriting both sucked.

Agreed, although I do think KIMB had some good songs, Looking Down the Cross being my favorite off that album. The production killed the brutality of that album, it came off as second rate compared to some other first releases, like Death Angels The Ultra Violence for example

You have much to learn, young one.

And what do I need to learn? Production can make or break an album, granted there are genres of metal that thrive on shitty sounding production, Megadeth though is not one of those bands. The production was extremely weak, even Mustaine admitted this, and explained they spent the recording money on other "things", it the album suffered for it, coming off sounding like a 2nd rate demo with flat guitars and bass and dull drums. I am not saying its a bad album, far from it, but it would have made a much bigger impact had it had good production like other first albums at the time, like Exodus Bonded by blood, Anthrax Fistful of Metal, or Testament The Legacy.