Best Immolation album.....come on guys...!!

hard question.. Immolation is a band I almost can blindly listen to without any consequences. I just love them. Saw them live also last year they are absolutely flawless in what they do musically. I think Atonment is a killer record. Still need a few of their albums in my collection.

But I think I chose "Dawn of Possession" I just like the darkness and the heaviness of this record it has some morbid athmosphere that grips me everytime..

Here in After is my favorite, but Unholy Cult and Close to a World Below are also phenomenal. Failure for Gods is just one step below. Dawn of Possession is one of their worst albums and is save a few moments, dull as fuck. I hate that out of all of their excellent back catalogue they opt to only play songs off DOP at their live shows.

Reactions: Phylactery
Agree with pretty much all of the above, except Dawn of Possession fucking rules. It only shows hints at the Immotion signature sound, but there wasn’t much that sounded like Dawn of Possession when it was released. It’s their easiest to listen to of their first five - I don’t have to be a specific mood for it. I can just throw it on. Which you might say is a criticism, but the album is hardly lacking depth in of itself, it’s just compared to their next 4. Also, “Into Everlasting Fire” is one of their best tracks.

Last edited: