best deathmetal albums ever

SADUDE: of course there are facts. Science and a priori reasoning is full of facts, but you're right to question Dying Sun otherwise because facts don't apply to the realm of artistry and entertainment, insofar as people's own opinions or values are concerned. (namely, the idea of some music just being 'better' than others)

SculptedCold said:
SADUDE: of course there are facts. Science and a priori reasoning is full of facts, but you're right to question Dying Sun otherwise because facts don't apply to the realm of artistry and entertainment, insofar as people's own opinions or values are concerned. (namely, the idea of some music just being 'better' than others)

I don't know man. Study semantics and you will be unsure of anything. Science just hasn't been proven wrong yet. Think about all of the circumstances that could alter the results of experiments based on fact.
All of these universal laws of physics im sure vary. Im sure most formulas contain rounded digits. Like acceleration due to gravity is 9.8 m/sec squared. (I think) First consider that this is most likely an average taken from differnet locations. Accept that it is probably rounded anyways. Lastly but certainly far from least...the manner in which the data was collected. Using tools with a certain margin of error that are far from perfect. Humans can't perceive sound at certain frequencies and stuff like that. Think of how much we don't know. Then again we aren't talking about anything here anyways...just words referring to things. Nothing is identical to anything or even to itself over time.

Yes of course, when you take things to the microcosmic level, science can't hold onto fact. And of course, as you say, what we believe to be true is based on fallible instrumentation, etc, and semantics can prove our scientific facts speciously founded....yeah, all that is true enough, but you can argue that the chaos and error at the microcosmic level doesn't alter the macrocosmic mechanics of what we believe enough for us to consider there to be no 'facts'.

Disregarding that though, you still have your a priori knowledge. Isn't it a fact that 1 + 1 = 2? I would have said so.

As concerns opinions, I'm still with you in that you can't bring fact to bear on qualitative analysis of something like music. The idea is simply inane.

SculptedCold said:
Yes of course, when you take things to the microcosmic level, science can't hold onto fact. And of course, as you say, what we believe to be true is based on fallible instrumentation, etc, and semantics can prove our scientific facts speciously founded....yeah, all that is true enough, but you can argue that the chaos and error at the microcosmic level doesn't alter the macrocosmic mechanics of what we believe enough for us to consider there to be no 'facts'.

Disregarding that though, you still have your a priori knowledge. Isn't it a fact that 1 + 1 = 2? I would have said so.

As concerns opinions, I'm still with you in that you can't bring fact to bear on qualitative analysis of something like music. The idea is simply inane.

I've acctually argued 1+1=2 before believe it or not. I forget though. I love intense discussions of that calibre. Sadly enough it is a commodity to find people capable of discussing such matters.

Reactions: SculptedCold
Necrophagist - onset of putrefaction
gorguts - obscura
cryptopsy - none so vile
suffocation - pierced from within
martyr - warp zone
cynic - focus
theory in practice - colonizing the sun
death - individual thought patterns
kataklysm - shadows and dust

I can't even remember if I've posted in this topic before...

Anyway (in no particular order, and including gore)...

Brodequin- 'Festival of Death'
Zyklon- 'World ov Worms'
Impaled- 'The Dead Will Remain Dead'
Carcass- 'Necroticism'
Human Mincer- 'Embryonized'
Behemoth- 'Zos Kia Cultus'
Cattle Decapitation- 'To Serve Man'
Deranged- 'Deranged'
Cryptopsy- 'None So Vile'
Cannibal Corpse- 'Vile'
Disgorge (US)- 'She Lay Gutted'
Morbid Angel- 'Altars of Madness'
Morbid Angel- 'Covenant'
Acheron- 'Those Who Have Risen'
Vital Remains- 'Dawn of the Apocalypse'
Altar- 'Youth Against Christ'
Aeternus- 'Ascension of Terror'
Appalling Spawn- 'Freedom, Hope & Fury'
Vomitory- 'Blood Rapture'
Suffocation- 'Pierced From Within'
Skinless- 'Foreshadowing Our Demise'
Origin- 'III'
Iniquity- 'Grime'
Incantation- 'Mortal Throne of the Nazarene'
Deicide- 'Legion'
Corpse Vomit- 'Drowning in Puke'

Erm.

Off the top of my head.

Dying Sun said:
Ah, but you're a plebe, a yokel who listens to music to be entertained. I listen to music for it's transcendent value as art. Enjoyment is secondary.

I've run into a lot of pretentious, pompous imbeciles during my short stay here at Ultimate Metal, but you take the proverbial cake.

I feel nauseous to share the same viewpoint and recognize the same value as you mentioned.

That having been said, kindly fuck off: This is a topic about death metal. :Smug:

The 10 best Death Metal albums ever:
1)At The Gates-Terminal Spirit Disease
2)Carcass-Heartwork
3)Desecration-Gore And Perversion
4)Cannibal Corpse-Butchered At Birth
5)Carcass-Necroticism
6)Mortician-Chainsaw Dismemberment
7)Bolt Thrower-The IVth Crusade
8)Fleshcrawl-Soulskinner
9)Profanity-Slaughtering Thoughts
10)Suffocation-Human Waste

'My Momma Killed Your Momma And Then Ate Her Cold Dead Pussy Two Days Later In A Necrolesbianic Frenzy'
*working title for the next Cannibal Corpse cd*