best deathmetal albums ever

Or why don't you just look at it this way.... you are all caught up in your little reasons as to why bands are so good or bad or mainstream or not or whatever.... the MOST important thing in music to one person should be whether that person just plain enjoys listening to the music. I listen to Morbid Angel because I enjoy listening to them. Same with Opeth. And the same with any other band I like. Im not stupid and will just start to like a band for any other reason besides the music. But apparently, you don't care about the whole enjoyment fact at all. It seems as you care much more about your elitist pseudo-intellectual image then the actual music at all. Why the hell is it so hard to accept that most people listen to certain music because they..... hmm..... lets see..... ACTUALLY ENJOY LISTENING TO IT?

Dying Sun said:
Ah, but you're a plebe, a yokel who listens to music to be entertained. I listen to music for it's transcendent value as art. Enjoyment is secondary.
Go fuck yourself, elitist piece of shit. Stop acting like you are so enlightened about the world of music and "understand" it better than everyone else. You can't prove that The Chasm are better than Linkin Park no more than anyone else could. It's ALL about opinion. You can choose to believe you are so much fucking better than everyone until the day you die. It still will not make you any less full of shit than you are. Your opinions(yes, that is what they are) mean just as little as everyone elses.

Dying Sun, have you ever had an orgasm?---ever?

Have you ever smiled?---laughed?

Do you have friends? How old are you anyway?

Do you even play in a band?

I listen to music for art as well, and one of my favorite bands is Opeth, second to my favorite, Agalloch. Am I a "plebe," too? Do you get kicks off insulting people off a message board who don't agree with you?

Basically, you must just be better than everyone else. Were you neglected as a child? Do you have a job? Do you think all your profound "knowledge" and criticism will ever get you anywhere in life?

I don't know what this has to do with the topic, but I see you everywhere always sounding all "intelligent." You don't know everything, and it's arrogant and annoying. Do you have anal beads lodged in your ass? Do you know anything else besides everything about music?

Hmmmmm. You sure are an interesting character. You make boards interesting. No wait, drones with no personality are not interesting. You bore me. Go share all your musical knowledge with someone who actually gives a shit.

Dying Sun said:
Ah, but you're a plebe, a yokel who listens to music to be entertained. I listen to music for it's transcendent value as art. Enjoyment is secondary.

This is like having sex for the purpose of "furthering the species of man". I'll bet you are one of those kweers that stands about 15 rows back at DM shows with his arm's crossed with a pissed off look on his face. Get over yourself.

At The Gates - Slaughter of the soul
Death - Human, Individual Thought Patterns
Entombed - Left Hand Path, Clandestine
Grave - Into the Grave, You'll Never See
Morbid Angel - Altars of madness, Blessed are the sick
Pestilence - Consuming Impulse,Testimony of the Ancients
Possessed - Seven Churches

Im probably forgetting some bands but thats the best ones i can think right now. :)

great thred, anyone who knows me knows death metal is my favorite type of music... so here are the albums i think are the greatest in the death genra

Death - Scream Bloody Gore, Leprocy, Human
Cannibal Corpse - Butchered At Birth, Tomb of The Mutilated
Cryptopsy - None So Vile
Deicide - Once Uppon The Cross
Nile - In Their Darkened Shrines
Suffocation - Effigy Of The Forgotten, Despise the Sun
Severe Torture - Feasting On Blood
Vomitory - Revilation Nausea

there thats my top ten best albums of all times... and yes 3 of them come from death but hey death is and allways will be the best death metal band :Spin:

Well here's some of my favourites off the top of my head;

Deicide - Legion
Vader - De Profundis
Cryptopsy - None So Vile
Cannibal Corpse - Vile
Suffocation - Human Waste
Carcass - Necroticism

Other favourites of mine are;
Disgorge - She Lay Gutted
Devourment - Molesting The Decapitated
Mortician - Chainsaw Dismemberment
Decapitated - Nihility
Desecration - Gore And Perversion

death - human
death - spiritual healing
decpaitated - nihility
decapitated - winds of creation
at the gates - slaughter of thel soul
nile - in their darkened shrines
vader - litany
cynic - focus
carcass heartwork

Can't believe so many people list Decapitated!! Highly second rate.

Anyway my favourites are:

Morbid Angel: Altars, Blessed
Autopsy: Severed Survival
Lykathea Aflame: Elvenfris
Necrophagist: Onset of Putrefaction
Obituary: Cause of Death
Entombed: Left Hand Path
Dismember: Like an Everflowing Stream
At The Gates: Terminal Spirit Disease
Pestilence: Consuming Impulse

nile - black seeds of vengeance
asphyx - beyond the wings of inferno
fear factory - soul of a new machine
nailstorm - subcontortion EP
pestilence - consuming impulse
death - leprosy
immolation - unholy cult

DEATH - Individual Thought Patterns
MORBID ANGEL- Altars Of Madness
DISMEMBER- Death Metal
DYING FETUS- Grotesque Impalament
CANNIBAL CORPSE- Live Cannibalism (does it counts?)
PESSIMIST- Century of Lies
DEICIDE- Serpents of the Light/Deicide.

Dying Sun said:

You make such bold statements. You probably care not to be understood. But you intrigue me. You forget that there are no facts. Everything is subject to opinion, and everything is changed under certain circumstances. Why do you even waste your time posting, when half of the time noone understands you. Do not think that you are entitled to an elevated status because of that. You vaguely make very bold statements that lack the further elaboration of a decent argument.

A few simple questions:

Where is the line between entertainment and art? List the qualities of each
Can something not be both?
What makes art better than entertainment?
Where can I find your reputable checklist of the criteria of a good band?
What makes that person's checklist valid?