Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Last Fair Deal Gone Down

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Viva Emptiness

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • The Great Cold Distance

Votes: 14 15.1%

• Total voters
Honestly, I'm surprised that there are so many people on here who prefer the newer stuff to the early stuff. I personally don't really like the newer stuff at all. But DoDS and BMD are excellent.
Explain how the old stuff is better. Although I'll never agree...explain your side. I think people automatically dismiss new material from bands solely on it being popular or easily accessable. If so, that's sad. This band is only going to get better.
As far as I'm concerned, Katatonia found their sound on TGCD. They need to stick with that

Explain how the old stuff is better. Although I'll never agree...explain your side. I think people automatically dismiss new material from bands solely on it being popular or easily accessable. If so, that's sad. This band is only going to get better..
Seriously, this "YOU JUST CAN'T ADMIT THAT <insert band> IS GOOD BECAUSE IT'S POPULAR!" thing is getting tiring. From what I know Life Sucks is a fan of doomdeath not depressive pop. So it is kinda natural to like their deathdoom albums the most don't you think? It has nothing to do with how popular the band is/has become, why can't people get over the fact that some people will stop liking a band because they change style to something that they don't like not because they want to be tr00.

How is BMD generic doom/death? Who exactly were they copying back in 1996?

I've tried getting into their depressive pop music, but can't. Discouraged Ones was the best out of the post-BMD material.

Some dickhead here use to say how Brave Murder Day sounded like and was a rip of off Paradise Lost 'shades of god', Paradise Lost has a big influence on Katatonia and at the sametime these albums are nothing alike at all and BMD is one of the most unique and original metal albums period.

Okay, they 'perfected' the sound on TGCD. LFDGD sounds a tad different from TGCD

LFDGD is awesome though. VE had some more metal thrown into it than the previous records.

I really like Sounds of Decay a lot it's just not a fullength.

i had to choose Tonight's Decision. Since it's the least one i listened to so it's still damn interesting. it's like it's a new katatonia release to me.

Tonight's Decision is starting to move up very quick and is a neat album. Right Into The Bliss and No Good Can Come Of This are stand out Katatonia songs in general. I did not know until looking in the case that Dan Swanö plays drums on the album.