• ...And Justice For All - 1988

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Metallica - 1991

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
We get it. You like AJFA.

:p
Master of Puppets... no doubt. It had all the speed, heaviness and awesome songwriting of RTL with better production none of the cheesiness of tracks like Escape and Trapped Under Ice.

Give credit to metallica that AJFA was the last real quality album they released until they turned into "complete" sellouts and lost their dominating thrash sound.

Escape is cheesy but if you don't like Trapped Under Ice, you can just gtfo right now.

I don't think MOP and RTL even compare. RTL's production and solo style (wild and thrashy) make it a more ideal aggressive thrash album whereas MOP's sleeker production and more melodic solos bring it more in line with epic/heavy metal with thrash riffs.

Escape is cheesy but if you don't like Trapped Under Ice, you can just gtfo right now.

I don't think MOP and RTL even compare. RTL's production and solo style (wild and thrashy) make it a more ideal aggressive thrash album whereas MOP's sleeker production and more melodic solos bring it more in line with epic/heavy metal with thrash riffs.

I didn't say I didn't like those songs... just that they were very cheesy... yes its OK to admit liking cheesy things. :p
RTL has some very polished solo's on the title track and FTB for example... and really they are practically identical in how the albums are arranged.
First track starts out with acoustic intro followed by blazing thrasher.
Second track is the title track, more midpaced and epic.
Third track is more slow/midpaced but very heavy.
Fourth track is the epic ballad track.
Fifth track is fast thrash again (though obvsiously DH is more epic).
Six track is more midpaced material.
After you have the epic instrumental Orion and Call of Ktulu though the order is reversed.
I mean MOP is really like an updated or revised version of basically the same formula as RTL.

Wow thank god no one voted for black album. Like I said before only 1 good song on that sack of donkey jizz