Best Metal Albums of the Last Ten Years?

Did someone listen to "Souvenirs D'Un Autre Monde" by Alcest? Really good effort..between black metal and shoegaze..

Absinth - Absinth
Aeon - Bleeding The False
Allegiance - Blodörnsoffer
Allegiance - Vrede
Arcturus - La masquerade infernale
Arcturus - Sideshow Symphonies
Arcturus - The Sham Mirrors
Ayreon - The Human Equation
Swanö..Moontower, Bloodbath, Nightingale, Odyssey, Steel, Infestdead and so on.
Everything with Opeth
Carnal Forge - Please die
Crashdiet - Rest In Sleaze
Dawn - Slaughtersun
Death - The Sound of Perseverance
Defleshed - Under the blade
Defleshed - Fast Forward
Diabolical Masquerade - all albums
Dimmu Borgir - Spiritual Black Dimensions
Edguy - Vain Glory Opera
Hammerfall - Glory to the brave
Enslaved - RUUN
Fall Of The Leafe - Vantage
Frameshift - In Absence of Empathy
Incapacity - Chaos Complete
Novembers Doom - The Pale Haunt Departure
Ominous - The Spectral Manifest
Setherial - Hell Eternal
Shining - Halmstad
Silent Scythe - Suffer in Silence
Subterranean Masquerade - Suspended Animation Dreams
Martriden EP
Susperia - Vindication
The Project Hate - Cyber Sonic Super Christ
Theory in Practice - Colonizing The Sun
Therion - Don't know wich one to pick
Unmoored - Indefinite Soul Extension
Voyager - Element v
Pitbulls In The Nursery - Lunatic

Really not a complete list but a good list to show what I've been listening to a lot the last ten years...

Wow, I don't get the black metal at all on that CD. The EP, Le Secret is black metal, but Souvenirs D'Un Autre Monde is almost like a totally different band, and the black metal is totally gone.

This album is so emotional. Makes me feel good.

Wow, I don't get the black metal at all on that CD. The EP, Le Secret is black metal, but Souvenirs D'Un Autre Monde is almost like a totally different band, and the black metal is totally gone.

What I meant is that the band comes from bm and you can still hear some trace of the past :)

Do you listen to black metal too?

I'm extremely picky when it comes to black metal. I'm not a fan of the over all style, but there are a couple of bands I enjoy at time. I can't get into the raw "true" style of BM. It's just too chaotic for my taste, and I like a good polished production.

I'm extremely picky when it comes to black metal. I'm not a fan of the over all style, but there are a couple of bands I enjoy at time. I can't get into the raw "true" style of BM. It's just too chaotic for my taste, and I like a good polished production.

I am the same way. I like Arcturus, Burzum Filosophem (that one only the rest suck) Immortal Battles in the North and Pure Holocaust and some other random stuff, but mostly, not for me either. Especially in the last 5 years, I just don't like any of it.