best noise suppressor

brando

New Metal Member
Apr 14, 2009
Effingham Illinois
so i've been looking at either the isp decimator or the classic ns 2 suppressor
and i was curious what everyone else has used and had the best luck with. Im really looking to clean up my tone in live situations and im also planning to get the bbe sonic stomp for more clarity
any advice is much appreciated

also does anyone have any experience with the bbe sonic maximizer, or have any recommendations on cleaning up a live tone

Id go with the isp all the way....any time i used the boss no matter what i did it either sucked into my tone or cut my notes while i was trying to sustain em. MXR smartgates another good option IMO.

ive heard the NS2 is more than capable but in all fairness, despite the fact that tone snobs never seem to have much of an idea of what they're talking about, the ISP really does seem to be as good as everyone says it is.

Only used an NS2 myself but I think its fine. at gig volume my guitar sustains wayyyyyyy more than I need it to anyway so thats not a problem. Could maybe be a little bit quicker to open though, but then that might be because I have the threshold all the way up...