Best of 2002 so far...

Originally posted by Bokaj
Green Carnation - Light of day, day of darkness...Totally amazing!

I thought that one was released in 2001? I might
be wrong though, and it's a brilliant album! :eek:))

Hm.... Arch Enemy's latest is good, I like the new
Immortal as well.... Ensiferum's selftitled is my
absolute fave... It was released last year, or was
it in 2000? But up until now it's only been an
import cd....

Taake has also released a great album this year,
I'm not fully used to it yet, as I just got it >:eek:P

Thyrfing - Vansinnesvisor, will be out in July, I'm
REALLY looking forward to it. And as I already
have it on mp3 I _know_ it's good! >:eek:)) Can't
wait to buy it!!!

Another one I'm waiting for is the new Vintersorg!

Originally posted by Blackspirit
I thought that one was released in 2001? I might be wrong though, and it's a brilliant album! :eek:))

Ooooops! You're right! Green Carnation - Light of day... was released on 11/01!! But as prophecy's distribution sucks...., most of the fans got this album on 2002! :D

well, yesterday my wife back from studio with debut album Enter Chaos. it's before mastering and without programming, but sounds very good. hard to say what they plays, because it's diversified album. for sure it's death metal, but songs was created by FOUR guitarists (from 4 other bands), so particular song is very differ than other. Similarity? imho it's compare with In Flames, Dismember, Death, Immolation, Gardenian... sounds crazy? yeah, but believe me, it's very good album:p

Originally posted by Kveldssanger

We'll have to wait and see for the remake, they've been preparing for some time now. Besides the ones you mentioned there is also the remix that Garm will make for Merzbow's "Frog" album and the soundtrack for the swedish film "Lykanthropen". And of course we're waiting the new Solefald this year, if they release it on Christmas as Lars said.

Well I think the Nattens remake is recorded now... I think they have trouble clearing the songs with Century Media, who own Nattens Madrigal... And yes, the Merzbow remix and the soundtrack for the movie, but it's not clear if this will be released (the soundtrack). New Solefald should be something, I hope it will be a little bit more in the Neonism vein, it's my favourite Solefald album..

Originally posted by Xhorder

New Solefald should be something, I hope it will be a little bit more in the Neonism vein, it's my favourite Solefald album..

my favourite Solefald's album is "The Linear Scaffold". it was something new, fresh... "Neonism" was too most chaotic... and "Pills..." is too most metal... yeah, i want second "Linear..."

Originally posted by Eldzik

my favourite Solefald's album is "The Linear Scaffold". it was something new, fresh... "Neonism" was too most chaotic... and "Pills..." is too most metal... yeah, i want second "Linear..."

Maybe it will be better if they release once again something different and not something similar to their previous releases. This will be more interesting... As for "Neonism", well, chaos can be very attractive sometimes.

Originally posted by Kveldssanger

Maybe it will be better if they release once again something different and not something similar to their previous releases. This will be more interesting... As for "Neonism", well, chaos can be very attractive sometimes.

but what kind of music Solefald will be plays? pop? jazz? blues? techno? they played almost all style. btw: i agree, chaos is attractive. look at Pan-Thy-Monium, Karaboudjan, Dodheimsgard "666" or Enter Chaos;)

No killer releases so far

but some good discs

Immortal "Sons Of Northern Darkness"
Norther "Dreams Of Endless War"
Insomnium "In The Halls Of Awaiting"
Centinex "Diabolical Desolation"

Star One
Blind Guardian
Dark Tranquillity
The Crown
Vintersorg
Dream Theater
Winds
Immortal
Arcturus
Sentenced

There is a few others I forgot probably..

And one that will be one of the best..:
Agalloch

How is the new Susperia? It seems to be widely loved, is it better than the first?

I think it sucks ass. The drumsound is the worst ever

Best album of 2002 is not out yet. It will be released autumn 2002, entitled "Alive Again". Band? NIGHTINGALE of course!!!!!!

mad love for immortal's sons of northern darkness.

i think soilwork's natural born chaos is technically brilliant... but damn, did i burn out on it fast.

i also purchased winds reflection of the i, but have yet to really get into it. peripheral listens give me the idea that dreamtheater and my dying bride decided to get together and make an album.

hi guys as a member of the solefald nation I must start to post here as lazare plays in borknagar and I like them
I also hope the new solefald masterpiece will be more like neonism
but we will see

killers 2002
star one-space metal
arch enemy -wages...european release
pod-satellite
fall of the leaf -fermina
killswitch engage-alive or just breathing
sirenia- at 6es and 7s
dark tranquillity-damage done KIller!!!! not relesed yet
in flames -reroute nry
new nasum? nry