Norways answer to Opeth...

Mrfish

New Metal Member
Jun 26, 2007
Hello there, after being a regular reader on the Opeth forums for a few years i finally pulled my head out off my ass and made my first post !

To the point: As we all know Norway and Sweden are kings of metal, but lately i feel like Norway is falling behind, much because of Opeth. Norway don`t really have any good band s in the same genre, not that i know of at least.

Now don`t get me wrong, Opeth is my all time favourite band, and i do believe its close to impossible for another band to master the progressive death metall genre the same way that Opeth does
its just more like a friendly competision vs the countries

Anyways, check out the Norwegian band called Ram-Zet !
and escpecially the album "Escape"

Some of you may have heard of it before, but i guess most of you never heard of it !

I feel like this band really made something unique with mixing different styles of music, much in the same way Opeth has. T
herefore i feel like i should share this with the Opeth community, Even Mr Åkerfieldt, even though im sure he have heard it before, that music nerd :p

Note that i`m not comparing these to bands directly!

Enjoy

http://www.myspace.com/ramzet (seeker and R.I.P are the masterpieces)

Ram-Zet, havent heard that band name since in the late 90s Spinefarm released their debut. I was lured into buying this release and it pretty much sucked. Well not all sucked, it had its moments. But Norways answer to Opeth....please!! And to your comment about Sweden and Norway being the Kings of metal... Id put Finland way before Nroway. I mean Norway has produced some of the masters of the extreme scene, Emperor and Enslaved... But Finland is a country where metal truly lives. Metal bands constantly fly in the top of the charts and the country has produced some of the sickest metal guitar wielding axemen of all time. Norway had its true moments but in late years they have truly fallen behind. Which again is weird cause you would think that bands like Emperor and Enslaved would inspire a whole new generation of extreme bands that would take what the pioneers did even further, but nothign really interesting has come from there as of late. Ok Im ranting now....

Well, the first and the last Ram-Zet albums can`t really be compared with the second one " Escape" if you found some interesst in the first album you should check that out !

And yeah, maybe i put things a bit to much on the edge by saying they are Norways answer to Opeth, but the reason i said that is because they mix different styles of music into metal, and kinda produce their own genre... Enslaved on the other hand don`t do that, as they are a Black metal band !

Yeah ofc Finland is an awsome metal country ! and i should have included them... And again, true, Norway have fallen behind, but we still have bands like Gorgoroth, Ulver, Dimmu borgir, Pagans mind, Darkthrone, Windir.. And even Mayham, wich is prolly the band that started the whole black metal genre

Norway has tons of great bands but to be "kings" you have to have a more diverse and dynamic scene than Norway. YES,Sweden is the prototype for that description,we suck at many things,but god damn it we are fucking great at metal.(self-gloryfying ftw)

Erm.. Don't see how Norway and Sweden are the kings of metal when England pretty much invented it.. More, the heirs to the throne.

But yeah.. This band are pretty meh..

How about Finland's metal bands (Other than Nightwish and Children Of Bodom)

Wintersun is great and Ensiferum was great as long as Mäenpää was in the band. There's also bands like Swallow The Sun, Moonsorrow etc.

...the reason i said that is because they mix different styles of music into metal, and kinda produce their own genre... Enslaved on the other hand don`t do that, as they are a Black metal band !

ROFL

Not impressed by this band at all, the vocals are terrible.
Their singer sounds like Gollum from LotR when growling.