Norways answer to Opeth...

Mrfish

New Metal Member
Jun 26, 2007
Hello there, after being a regular reader on the Opeth forums for a few years i finally pulled my head out off my ass and made my first post !

To the point: As we all know Norway and Sweden are kings of metal, but lately i feel like Norway is falling behind, much because of Opeth. Norway don`t really have any good band s in the same genre, not that i know of at least.

Now don`t get me wrong, Opeth is my all time favourite band, and i do believe its close to impossible for another band to master the progressive death metall genre the same way that Opeth does
its just more like a friendly competision vs the countries :)

Anyways, check out the Norwegian band called Ram-Zet !
and escpecially the album "Escape"

Some of you may have heard of it before, but i guess most of you never heard of it !

I feel like this band really made something unique with mixing different styles of music, much in the same way Opeth has. T
herefore i feel like i should share this with the Opeth community, Even Mr Åkerfieldt, even though im sure he have heard it before, that music nerd :p

Note that i`m not comparing these to bands directly!

Enjoy

http://www.myspace.com/ramzet (seeker and R.I.P are the masterpieces)

I know from experience reading this forum that there are lots of flamers here, so i might get flamed for this because some of you feel it have nothing to do with Opeth..

For some weird insane twitch and for no apparent reason, I like Høst better -

Last edited by a moderator:
Unique? There are so many other bands that made great mixtures of different genres like Farmakon, Persefone, Akroma...

btw. This band is too 'gothic' for my taste