Emperor

dcat said:
Morning guys. :)

Check this out...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/this_world/4446342.stm

Mmmm !! :OMG:

Maybe I should start a new thread with this ?

If you can't see the BBC 2 transmission where you live, the program maybe streamed after it has been broadcast, you can search for it on the BBC's web-site...

If you can't find it, i'll post a link to it later unless the Moderators prohibit this ?

"No one can contradict me when I say that heavy metal and satanism are closely linked"

-Michele Tollis

:lol:

He has also called for death metal music to be banned.
"If music makes itself an instrument of nefarious deeds and death it should be stopped"

-Don Aldo Buonaito, priest

:lol: :lol:

In 1996, the parents of Elyse Marie Pahler took satanic death metal band Slayer to court in the US after their 15-year-old daughter was murdered in what was alleged to be a satanic ritual imitating the band's lyrics.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That post made my day :D

Zephyrus said:
I'm Catholic so I can tolerate it when my favorite bands burn down protestant churches.

youre catholic. and your user name is "zephyrus". and your avatar is hellhammer. and you listen to plenty of anti-religious music according to your signature. how does that make you feel out of curiosity?

NineFeetUnderground said:
youre catholic. and your user name is "zephyrus". and your avatar is hellhammer. and you listen to plenty of anti-religious music according to your signature. how does that make you feel out of curiosity?
rofl

NineFeetUnderground said:

the music I enjoy has no impact on my faith. I listen to it for the music, not the lyrics or message.

im with you there, zephyrus. i have the same thoughts on all art and religion.

i dont care if the lyrics match my religious view, i only look for sincereness and artistic integrity. for instance, i really like dani filth's lyrics on the previous CoF albums.

Alteredmindeath said:
Yeah Im sure.

You're the only person I've ever heard make this claim. I haven't even read Faust and that Dissection guy using that claim to defend themselves. Seems pretty random to me. Source please.
Not that it really matters who he was, murder is still murder.

I certainly don't care about a band I listen to having members that murdered, and burned churches (since religion is one of the greatest sources of evil and ignorance in this world, although burning churches isn't gonna change anything about that), since I don't believe in free will anyway. Biology, Biochemistry and Physics have made it clear to me that we are all just collections of organised dead matter, doing what matter does, which is following the laws of physics, which are set. Everything that happens, including decisions made by people, can only happen in one set way under the same circumstances, and the same structure (including memory and trauma) of the decision making human's body. There are no "evil" or "good" people, just people that are compatible or incompatible with your view of the world, and wether they are compatible with that view of yours, is not dependant on any form of illusionary free will, but just of the genetics they were born with, and the things they experienced as they grew up, and the environments they found themselves in at every point of time during their life.
Besides, even that whole point is moot, since listening to music is about the music, not the people that made it and what they did during their lives.

the discussion about being christian and listening to satanic music has been extensively dealt with on this forum :p go find that topic if you like ... I'm against it btw ...
and even so: if it wasn't for historical value and the art of a lot of those old churches, I would support those church burning in Norway! ... you have no idea what impact christianity had on human kind, and the only reason christians believe it is a positive influence is because they are brainwashed and a lot of them also too stupid to realize even when they are confronted with all the facts. (for this I have to recommend a book: "Atheology" by Onfray, one of the few leading true atheist philosophers of our time).

there will be some comment I guess, but I don't care. go pray to your fake god and waste your life doing so.