Best of 2002 so far...

KamelotGuardian

Protector of the Crown
Apr 25, 2002
Atlanta, GA
www.angelfire.com
Nominations go to Dark Tranquillity for absolutely slaying on "Damage Done" going back to their past for a stay but bringing along with them the tricks of the trade and evening perfectly the balance between atmosphere and brutality (I know its not brutal at all, but you know what im talking about)

Also contending most certainly should be Ram-Zet's Escape for simply the most unique metal album Ive heard in a long time. excellent songwriting incorperating many different genres without making it sound choppy or what have you. both vocalists are unique and at the top of there game

Ide love to hear you alls opinions on these albums and your nominations..

Ram-Zet! You should come visit me in the US of A!

death: Centinex "Diabolical Desolation", runners up The Crown "Crowned In Terror" and Dimension Zero "Silent Night Fever"

black: Seth "Divine-X", runner up Ragnarok "In Nomine Sathanas". it's very poor year for black metal, but i still wait for ...And Oceans and few other...

other metal: Arcturus "The Shame Mirrors"

Agathodaimon- III (that was this year, right?)
Annihilatus- Blood and War
Arcturus-Sham Mirrors
Winds- Reflections of the I
The Crown- Crowned in Terror
Immortal- Sons of the Northern Darkness

worst- Hypocrisy, Hypocrisy, and Hypocrisy

In Flames - Retroute The Remain will kick ass!
Immortal - Sons Of Northern Darkness
Susperia - Vindication
Dark Tranquillity - Damage Done
Arch Enemy - Wages Of Sin

Hmmm...so far (because I'm waiting quite a few albums with anticipation this year) these are my favorite albums:

Arcturus - "The Sham Mirrors" (of course :D )
Dead Soul Tribe - "Dead Soul Tribe"
The Third And The Mortal - "Memoirs"
Hagalaz Runedance - "Frigga's Web"
Green Carnation - "Light Of Day, Day Of Darkness"

But still there will be so much more this year...

So far my favourite albums of this year are:

Soilwork - Natural Born Chaos
Arcturus - The Sham Mirrors
The 3rd and the mortal - Memoirs
Boards Of Canada - Geogaddi

So far this year hasn't impressed me much yet. But I'm still waiting for new The Gathering EP + album, new Ulver, new Muse, Devin Townsend / SYL, Bork, Bumblefoot, Tomahawk, Fantômas etc etc

Originally posted by Xhorder
So far this year hasn't impressed me much yet. But I'm still waiting for new The Gathering EP + album, new Ulver, new Muse, Devin Townsend / SYL, Bork, Bumblefoot, Tomahawk, Fantômas etc etc

Let's not forget that the Virus album is supposed to be released this year and so is the live of In The Woods. As for the Ulver releases I'm not sure they will be released in 2002, I haven't heard any real new about them in quite a while.

Originally posted by Kveldssanger

Let's not forget that the Virus album is supposed to be released this year and so is the live of In The Woods. As for the Ulver releases I'm not sure they will be released in 2002, I haven't heard any real new about them in quite a while.

Yeah new Virus, I'm not really looking forward to it, but I guess it could become quite good. In The Woods live, yes of course. The new Ulver release will be the remake of the Nattens Madrigal album, which will be released this year. A new full lenght next year I guess, but there will also be an Ulver remix album with remixes from Merzbow and Kid606 among others.

Originally posted by Xhorder
The new Ulver release will be the remake of the Nattens Madrigal album, which will be released this year. A new full lenght next year I guess, but there will also be an Ulver remix album with remixes from Merzbow and Kid606 among others.

We'll have to wait and see for the remake, they've been preparing for some time now. Besides the ones you mentioned there is also the remix that Garm will make for Merzbow's "Frog" album and the soundtrack for the swedish film "Lykanthropen". And of course we're waiting the new Solefald this year, if they release it on Christmas as Lars said.

Originally posted by Sadistik
Agathodaimon- III (that was this year, right?)

2001, but I think it's good enough to be nominated for 2002 as well :headbang:

The Crown
Dimension Zero
Immortal
D-A-D

Of course I haven't heard Dark Tranquillity either.