The best cd of 2002 so far is...

Special note must also go to

Agalloch- The Mantle
Primordial- Storm Before Calm

After about ten listens both of these grew on me and both are brilliant.

Dark Tranquillity - Damage Done
Arcturus - The Sham Mirrors
Pain Of Salvation - Remedy Lane
I also love the new Dillinger Escape Plan EP with Mike Patton (which is curious because I've never liked them before).

And I'm planning to check out the latest releases by Agalloch (since many of you praise it a lot), Nile and Cephalic Carnage.

Originally posted by mindflesh

I also love the new Dillinger Escape Plan EP with Mike Patton (which is curious because I've never liked them before).

patton is becoming more a businnessman than a musician!!!!!?

now every thing he touch sell more copies.

it'as a pity

once upon a time ...music

:lol:

Winds-ROTI
DT-Damage Done
Rotten Sound-Murderworks
Agalloch-The Mantle

Am I the only one who has been very pleased with The End Records so far.. great stuff..

Originally posted by O'blivion
Cephalic Carnage - Lucid Interval... until later on this week when my copy of ISIS' Oceanic comes in. i'm quite confident that it will be the best release of the year (yes, even better than the new opeth.)

I've heard of these bands but haven't had a chance to take a listen .. so what are they like ?
recomend a song.

Pain of Salvation's Remedy Lane
Cosmosquad's Squadrophenia
Arabesque"s The Union
Arturus's The Sham Mirrors

Can't wait for the new Symphony X, Opeth and Porcupine Tree especially since they all claim that these will be their heaviest discs!

Originally posted by Liquid Tension
Pain of Salvation's Remedy Lane
Cosmosquad's Squadrophenia
Arabesque"s The Union
Arturus's The Sham Mirrors

Can't wait for the new Symphony X, Opeth and Porcupine Tree especially since they all claim that these will be their heaviest discs!

That Arabesque album is good.

Everyone always says that Green Carnation came out in 2001, but I've double and triple checked numerous sources to confirm that it came out on January 8th, 2002, so I'm keeping it on my list.

Looks like Agalloch, Nile, and Dark Tranquillity are the most popular picks, and not without good reason. I'm looking forward to seeing DT in concert this Friday.