Heir Apparant - Best So Far?

Draehl

Lurker
May 31, 2004
Atlanta 'burbs
Given, we've only heard it played live, but of the tracks we've heard so far this definitely has the best overall feel to it IMO. It sounds like it might be sort of a Ghost Reveries/Blackwater Park mix as far as overall style is concerned, which is just A+ in my book.

Can't wait to hear the studio version!

I prefer lotus eater, can't compare with PH since it's a totally different song, but still prefer it too.
But, it's a good song anyways

^ thats like like saying u cant compare burgers to hot dogs because they're different meat.

It's the same song whether you've heard the studio version or the Melloboat live recording. Geez it's the same song. And currently my least favorite Watershed track, but it's fucking awesome :)

I love the song.. prefer it over The Lotus Eater (that song still rules though).

Mikael's growls just sound so EVIL!11! :)

For me it's the best of the three that have been released so far and it might also become one of my favourites.

It's my favorite so far, I think it'd be right at home on My Arms Your Hearse, and as a good friend of mine referred to it, it's musical curb stomping.

The outro reminds me of all the songs where Opeth plays a repetitive but beautiful rhythm/lead section. Epilogue, Ending credits... etc..