Heir Apparant - Best So Far?

I love the song as a whole, but damn...that outro. Very poorly executed.
Firstly, the first chord of the outro could have been made much more impactful (ie, more low-end frequencies, a louder lead-in with the feedback, etc)
Second, they just play the same f'in thing like 8 measures in a row! It's such a good foundational part, they could have based an entire song off this progression, or at least put some more chords or a guitar solo in there!

Such potential, but is it unrealized? or purposefully left bare? i can't tell...

More low-end frequencies eh? Lol. And there's no way it could have been any louder; it's overcompressed as it is. And where's the problem with 8 bars of the same thing? It's really not a long time..

I don't understand how people could find this disconnected yet not feel the same way about the first couple of albums, which are far less structured.

Obviously it's purposefully left bare... they wouldn't have done it that way if it wasn't on purpose... :rolleyes:

mmh
I like the song very very much but i think that the outro it's totally disconnected from the song, seriously when i listen it it makes me angry...like that i want to punch someone in the face.

... er... maybe psychiatric help is in order?

Anyway, I personally enjoy the song a lot, including the ending... it surprised me the first few times of listening, but I've definitely grown to appreciate it. Not my personal favourite from Watershed, but then I haven't really got a definitive favourite yet.

This song is really nothing special IMO, it seems like they're going in that whole Between the Buried and Me direction to try to cash off of their recent success (not saying they're more well known than Opeth, just that the big O wants to expand their fanbase). It needs to be crunchier.

It's a pretty reasonable song. But nowhere near as multi-faceted as their older heavy stuff. Although It's alot better than TLE imo, I'm really starting to cringe at those gratuitous blast beats with the clean vocals over them.

Oh, Illidan. Me and 24 other people are going to spend 3 hours tonight trying to kill your ass =P

Hah, I get the reference. But...
Illidan said:
For the record, I don't play WoW. I made up "Illidan" before Blizzard did. Now it's kind of an unfortunate name to have. I made my account here WAY after Illidan was known as a character from Warcraft, and that's something I regret. Wish I could change it.

Heard the studio version on satellite radio a couple days ago. Probably the heaviest song the've ever done, but not the best

I think it'snt the heaviest but most evil, most dark;

the amaizing arpeggido at 4:40 is absolutely awesome. Sounds extremely dark. The lepper affinity or Wreath sounds as heavy as HA but that part is UNIQUE. ( well every song of opeth is unique :D )

I didnt like it that much, it feels like a clothing with too many patches on it.I could not focus on one riff,they kept changing constantly.It is strange, although not a bad song.

I dont think it is the best on Watershed ( youtube is filled with videos so you dont really need to find songs and btw how the hell are these songs leaked ? I am very curious ) i think burden is one of the most amazing songs the opeth has ever done.Hessian Peel is also a good one liked the keyboard there.

I just cant wait to buy this album it is a lot better than I expected.Somehow,Opeth manages to make good albums all the time you just cant say `` this album sucks ``.They are all good.