Heir Apparant - Best So Far?

no.

least favorite song off new album.

lotus eater is the best track hands down.

Heard only 3 tracks from Watershed but this was the best I've heard so far,but it's a biased opinion because I heard it live.As someone else said,will be interesting to hear the studio version.

mmh
I like the song very very much but i think that the outro it's totally disconnected from the song, seriously when i listen it it makes me angry...like that i want to punch someone in the face. :ill:
The outro is a good idea as always, i love the melodic line, but damn, it's totally disconnect from the song. When i listen to this song i skip the outro everytime :| I know that akerfledt is a genial composer.... so i know that there must be a reason, a connection to the song in some ways, but really i dont know how...maybe i should ask him..
does someone think the same as me? :err: :(

--

mmh
I like the song very very much but i think that the outro it's totally disconnected from the song, seriously when i listen it it makes me angry...like that i want to punch someone in the face. :ill:
The outro is a good idea as always, i love the melodic line, but damn, it's totally disconnect from the song. When i listen to this song i skip the outro everytime :| I know that akerfledt is a genial composer.... so i know that there must be a reason, a connection to the song in some ways, but really i dont know how...maybe i should ask him..
does someone think the same as me? :err: :(

--

Lol the outro is amazing. I would never skip it its a major part of the song. After the last thrashy break it leaves you in suspense as to wuts to come next.. yes it does feel a bit disconnected but thats the beauty of Opeth's music. Wouldnt be the same if it flowed right into it.

Outro reminds me of Deliverance. It's almost hypnotic. Obviously it's not the same instrument, but you get the point.

I like this song, but I think it's probably the 4th best on WS overall..

I think Heir Apparent is one of the most EVIL songs of Opeth, like lepper affinity or wreath but in a completely different sound. It's just epic. The outro disconnect a bit from the song but these kind of things are used often by Mikael; it gives a different feeling to the song! I think there will be more surprises in Watershed. We'll see on 3rd of June :loco:.

The outro is extremely nice! Gives me chills, and I think it's a natural progression of the song. Just wouldn't be the same without it!

I love the song as a whole, but damn...that outro. Very poorly executed.
Firstly, the first chord of the outro could have been made much more impactful (ie, more low-end frequencies, a louder lead-in with the feedback, etc)
Second, they just play the same f'in thing like 8 measures in a row! It's such a good foundational part, they could have based an entire song off this progression, or at least put some more chords or a guitar solo in there!

Such potential, but is it unrealized? or purposefully left bare? i can't tell...