Emancer: Invisible
Cruel Humanity: Creatures of Fear
Winds: The Imaginary Direction of Time
Kataklysm: Serenity in Fire
Centinex: Decadence - Prophecies of Cosmic Chaos
Insision: Revealed and Worshipped
Flowing Tears: Razorbliss
Dark Tranquillity: Exposures - In Retrospect and Denial

Still to hear: Borknagar, Suffocation, Deicide, Cannibal Corpse, Mayhem, Therion, Dark Sanctuary, Mustan Kunn Lappset, Xasthur, Skymning and April Ethereal

Looking Foward to: Darkthrone, Mercury Rain, Sear Bliss, Red Harvest, Rotting Christ, Immolation, Death Du Jour, Enochian Crescent (hey it might happen... maybe), Bloodbath, The Haunted, Arcturus, Amon Amarath, Cradle of Filth and Strommoussheld

2004's been great so far, some excelent underground releases (anyone who enjoyed the more recent Enslaved albums should get hold of Emancer's new album), and of course MDB released and album.

Mar de grises - The tatterdemalion express. :worship:
Evergrey - The inner circle. :worship:
Morgion - Cloaked by ages crowned by earth. :worship:
Peccatum - Lost in Reverie. :worship:
Mercenary - 11 dreams (It has to be) :worship:

Am I the only one that thinks that MDB's latest is a load of shit :yuk:

Illnath said:

Apparently so. It's not a masterpiece or anything (it doesn't even come close to Turn Loose the Swans), but it's not "a load of shit" either.

On a slightly related note, am I the only one who thinks Anathema's latest is a load of shit?

gone said:
Apparently so. It's not a masterpiece or anything (it doesn't even come close to Turn Loose the Swans), but it's not "a load of shit" either.

On a slightly related note, am I the only one who thinks Anathema's latest is a load of shit?

I think that Anathema's latest is great :D And the Mar de Grises album is really great. He sings in both Spanish and English and it works out great. :headbang: :worship:

Illnath said:
you're right. new bride is loads of shite.:puke:
why don't they go away?

a natural disaster is a great album. not a masterpiece maybe, but trillion zillion times better than the last 3 bride albums. or maybe better than anything bride has done.

gone said:

I think the songwriting is horrible, the atmosphere is great but the songs = weak

salisbury said:
Ayreon, IQ, Paatos, Mogwai (don't know if it was this year...),Vintersorg, Orphaned Land,

hellfucking RAUNCHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

for me the last Orphaned Land (Mabool) is the best album of 2004, along with the last Anathema (A Natural Disaster).

give Orphaned Land a try guys, you won't regret it ;)

John Carvajal said:
hmm better than MDB one?
how are their english vocals, never had heard them..

if i remember well, there are only english lyrics on the album, and the vocals are really great, it's their first cd, check them, you wont regret

The new Skyclad is excellent, I pretty much gave up on them when Martin Walkyier left, but I was pleasantly surprised. Kevin Ridley's vocals lack the edge that Walkyier had and the lyrics are somewhat weaker, but a great release nonetheless, a strong contender for the album of the year in my opinion.

orphaned land is boring as shit. the acoustic/etno parts are ok, but when the distortions get in..... BOOO-RRIIING...... if they'd have done it in 1998 instead of 2004, maybe it would matter

new dillinger is very very good, but neurosis and meshuggah ep are better.

insidethefall said:
New megadeth is crap, how can you attempt to create thrash metal with no balls?
It is pure crap, I don't care what kind of metal you want to call it...Dave Mustaine is still crying because he got kicked out of Metallica..he is a little bitch!