Best of 2008

I really don't get how you can survive the innate hypocrisy/retardation of having CAT POWER in your top ten for the year list and working at a site called ULTIMATEMETAL.COM tbqfh.

and um.. it was not a disappointing year for death metal. there has been plenty of good death metal releases this year. Even a Karnarium full length came out before 08 ended.

and um.. it was not a disappointing year for death metal. there has been plenty of good death metal releases this year. Even a Karnarium full length came out before 08 ended.
yes it was

the closest DM came to being good was prostitute disfigurement, which i'll give an honorable mention.
~gR~

edit: at koude

what was your list again? just curious...
~gR~

1. Revelation - Release
2. Faustcoven - Rising From Below The Earth
3. Dead Congregation - Graves of the Archangels
4. Arghoslent - Hornets of The Pogrom
5. The Gates of Slumber - Conqueror
6. Necrovation - Breed Deadness Blood
7. Apostle of Solitude - Sincerest Misery
8. Karnarium - Untitled
9. Valkyrie - Man of Two Visions
10. Ereb Altor - By Honour

ok, i checked out that karnarium... not diggin it. i havnt been listening to alot of death metal in the last couple of years though. my style of death metal is more the augury style.

and im not trying to be mean or anything, we obviously have different preferences

that ereb altor though... thats pretty awesome. i hadnt heard of them before.
~gR~

The Karnarium comp album was pretty bad imo, if only due to the incredibly bad production and not only that but, incredibly INCONSISTENT production between tracks.