Favorite Death Metal Vocalists?

Spiderchrist

The Unjesus
Jul 9, 2011
Churning Sea of Absu
Yes, I love posting threads that require lists. Get over it. Spit out some of your favorite vocalists and their bands. Also, I want to find some great Death Metal bands with unique style vocals. Share!

I love Akerfeldt(sp?) from Opeth as he's one of the few i've heard you can do good clean and growled vocals.

Also the guy from Draconian is probably my favorite pure harsh vocalist in death metal.

Bill Steer
Jeff Walker
Matt Harvey
Mike Beams
Pete Helmkamp

Ross Dolan-Immolation
Antti Boman (sp?)-Demilich
Martin van Duren
Frank Mullen-Suffocation
Peter Tatgren
Glen Benton-Deicide
Erik Rutan-Hate Eternal
ok I'm bad with names, I'll just name bands with vocals I like haha
Devourment
Katalepsy
Bob Seger
Incantation
Carcass

Burton from Fear Factory did an excellent job with growled/clean vocals on Soul Of A New Machine. He's actually considered the first to do so.

He did OKAY with it. Nothing like Opeth. More of a metalcore shout-sing and a bark.

Far as I'm concerned, you can't top the highs/lows and articulation of Corpsegrinder.

and what do all these vocalists have in common? they all use death metal vocals in their music! lol.

according to some on this forum 'there's no such thing as death metal vocals'. LOL that still makes me laugh and it was a while ago when i argued about it in the controversial opinions thread.

LOL I remember that. There was a big argument at one point that "there is no such thing as death/black vocals", claiming that vocals don't make the music or some nonsense.

and what do all these vocalists have in common? they all use death metal vocals in their music! lol.

according to some on this forum 'there's no such thing as death metal vocals'. LOL that still makes me laugh and it was a while ago when i argued about it in the controversial opinions thread.

IIRC that wasn't the argument. The argument was that vocals alone do not define a sub-genre of metal, and that band-of-ambiguous-genre-x (say, Opeth) is not inherently a death metal band just because they happen to feature death metal vocals in their music.

LOL I remember that. There was a big argument at one point that "there is no such thing as death/black vocals", claiming that vocals don't make the music or some nonsense.

Case in point.

van Drunen and Lord Worm for me. And the Akercocke guy, although more because of his breadth of styles than the death metal vocals alone.

8)
Anyway:
Petri Lindroos (Norther/Ensiferum)
Mikael Stanne (Dark Tranquillity)
Mikael Akerfeldt (Opeth)
Jari Mäenpää (Ensiferum/Wintersun)
Christian Glanzmann (Eluveitie)

...yeah, I'm more into melodic death metal than, um, non-melodic death metal.