Best Maiden Album?

Remember guys, Seventh Son contains the godawful 'Can I Play With Madness?'

Can I Play with Madness is the most poppish metal song ever, but it's still fun to listen to

There are many Maiden songs that are worse than Can I Play With Madness or Back in the Village (I happen to like those songs), such as Hooks in You, Charlotte the Harolt, Drifter, and quite a few of their more recent songs.

Jean-Pierre said:
Most ANNOYING chrous, EVER. "Can I Play With Madness" was just as monotonous, but at least it was catchy.
They are some great riffs in Back in the Village, whatever you think of the chorus (which I dont consider to be anything near shabby anyway myself).

Can I Play With Madness is clearly the weakEST point of Seventh Son, but the album is near enough more flawless than any other I've heard, and anyway it's still a fun little Maiden number.

Now, Women In Uniform is really NOT to my fancy - good job it's pretty much buried in the mists of time.

I can't really fault any of their earlier albums anyway, and it's a testimony to their longevity that they have been able to forge a full quality live set purely from these releases.

I'm braving two days of retro-indie tripe to see those songs at Reading and Leeds, and I'm sure they wont disappoint.

Maiden rule.

Erik said:
Charlotte WINS, Drifter also WINS

Weak Iron Maiden tracks:
Angel and the Gambler and most of the rest of that abominable album
The Unbeliever
The Thin Line Between Love and Hate
Hooks in You
From Here to Eternity
About half of Fear of the Dark

From the first seven, not a single one. Maybe "Quest for Fire" ain't great, but it's fun. It doesn't bother me anymore, Maiden owns your false bones

Haha, I always found Quest For Fire to be pretty fucking awesome. Besides that, I agree, and I definitely agree about Charlotte and Drifter being WINNARS.

Erik said:
Charlotte WINS, Drifter also WINS

Weak Iron Maiden tracks:
Angel and the Gambler and most of the rest of that abominable album
The Unbeliever
The Thin Line Between Love and Hate
Hooks in You
From Here to Eternity
About half of Fear of the Dark

From the first seven, not a single one. Maybe "Quest for Fire" ain't great, but it's fun. It doesn't bother me anymore, Maiden owns your false bones

You forgot "Bring Your Daughter to the Slaughter", "Holy Smoke", and "Wasting Love". God those are fucking horrible songs. But yes, Powerslave wins as does Seventh Son for the most part and much of their pre-Dickinson stuff like "Phantom of the Opera".

This thread is making me sad that Maiden won't tour here, :cry:
They haven't tour Australia since 1982 (or 84, ish) TOO FUCKIN LONG!!!

I should plan an overseas trip to somewhere they are playing at the same time i'll be there, hmm...

Actually, I like "The Thin Line Between Love and Hate" a lot, but other than that, I agree.

PHANTOM OF THE OPERA!!! :headbang: