Best Maiden Album?

FluffyDonkey said:
This thread is making me sad that Maiden won't tour here, :cry:
They haven't tour Australia since 1982 (or 84, ish) TOO FUCKIN LONG!!!

I should plan an overseas trip to somewhere they are playing at the same time i'll be there, hmm...
Keep your eyes open theyll be playing in your country I believe next year!

Best to worst with ratings (IMO)

Seventh Son 10/10
Iron Maiden, Killers, Somewhere in Time 9.5
Powerslave ,Live After Death 9.25
The Number of the Beast, Piece of Mind 9
Brave New World 8
Dance of Death 6 Pascendale is the only song that lives up to the above albums standards
Fear of The Dark 4
The X Factor 2
No Prayer for The Dying 1
...and the utterly unlistenable Virtual XI .00025/10

Life Sucks said:
I must admit, that the first two Maiden albums are among my least favorite. They are too rock n roll-ish for me at many points.

They're not as "rock n roll-ish" as everyone seems to claim. Punk influenced, yeah, but they were pretty much the norm for NWOBHM at the time. And some of the best of that norm to boot.

I love the punk influence on the debut. It was less pronounced on Killers, probably due to Adrian Smith's presence, and that made the lead interplay so much better.

Maiden didn't get that good again until Powerslave.

Iron Maiden
Killers
Number of the Beast
Live after Death
Piece of Mind
Somewhere in Time
Seventh Son

anonymousnick2001 said:
I love the punk influence on the debut. It was less pronounced on Killers, probably due to Adrian Smith's presence
You do realize Dennis Stratton was as non-punk as it gets... Guy hated heavy metal and punk and anything that wasn't super melodic and AOR-ish, wanted to introduce four-part vocal harmonies and probably homo keyboards into Maiden. That's why he got the BIG STEVE HARRIS BOOT TREATMENT

Somewhere in Time and Seventh Son of a Seventh Son are my two favs, can't determine which one is better. Killers, Number of the Beast and Powerslave right behind them making up my top 5. I just got Eddie from the cover of Killers tattooed on my upper right arm.

my favorite is powerslave.

anybody know the name of the song that has a chorus that goes something like this "Oh-o-wo-o....oh-e-wooo oh" song name and album title please.