Best of Slayer

I only have 1 Slayer album, Divine Intervention, so far but I'll get some more. This album has now got me devoted to those fuckers in Slyaer. The lyrics on this album deal with the repressive nature of governments and how far they can go to obtain power. The songs are full of aggression and there are some hypnotizing parts like the beginning of Divine Intervention. I love this album, no wonder people call it Reign In Blood Pt. II. I recommend songs like Dittohead, Divine Intervention, and Serenity In Murder. I recommend some other songs from their earlier albums like At Dawn They Sleep, Angel Of Death, Raining Blood and South Of Heaven.

Hm. I'm not a big fan, but these songs are recommended:

• Raining Blood
  • Angel of Death
  • Postmortem
  • Epidemic
  • Jesus Saves
  • Seasons in the Abyss
  • Dead Skin Mask
  • Die By The Sword
  • War Ensemble
  • Final Command
  • At Dawn They Sleep
  • Altar of Sacrifice
  • Black Magic
Probably more that I've forgotten. I only have Reign in Blood, and some downloads.

Bryant said:
Slayer is a good band that put out one great release. Get "Seasons in the Abyss" and you more than half of their best stuff. Seasons rules cover to cover.

Bryant
Very True Bryant That is one of my all time favorite Albums I also Liked Divine Intervention

Die By The Sword
Black Magic
Hell Awaits
At Dawn They Sleep
Angel of Death
Necrophobic
Criminally Insane
Postmortem
Raining Blood
Mandatory Suicide
Ghosts of War
War Ensemble
Dead Skin Mask
Spirit In Black
Seasons In The Abyss

mmmmmmmmm......nice topic
disciple
war ensemble
blood red
at dawn they sleep
die by the sword
haunting the chapel
hallowed point
dead skin mask
seasons in the abyss
alter of sacrifice
postmortem
raining blood
necropheliac
hardening of the arteries
angel of death

oh the best Slayer songs.........
Necrophiliac
Seasons in the Abyss
Spill the Blood
Disssident Aggressor
Killing Fields
Skeletons of society
South of heaven
Expendible youth
War ensemble
Manditory Suicide
Hell Awaits ..............

All tracks off of Hell Awaits
All tracks off of Haunting the Chapel except Aggressive Perfector
Black Magic
Metal Storm/Face the Slayer
Crionics
Tormentor
Evil Has No Boundaries
Show No Mercy

I love Slayer up to Seasons- you know Reign in Blood and South of Heaven are only like a little over 30 minutes each- so I would suggest putting them back to back on a 80 min cd- and then split up Seasons- and throw it on another cd with all of Hell Awaits.

I'd say you gotta get Reign in Blood and Hell Awaits- and I have always loved South of Heaven as well- Seasons is a little slower- black sabbath style riffs- whereas in both Reign in blood and Hell awaits Slayer makes a totally immersive wall of sound- that sounds so fucking evil- it has character- the song hell awaits or even Raining blood are good examples.

SymbolicDeath666 said:
Give me a list of about 15 or 16 tracks to put on a CD with the best of Slayer songs.

Angel of Death
Crionics
Show No Mercy
Chemical Warfare
Postmortem
War Ensemble
Hell Awaits
Raining Blood
Dittohead
Altar of Sacrifice
Jesus Saves
Aggressive Perfector (original version)
South of Heaven
Seasons in the Abyss
Necrophiliac
Metal Storm/Face the Slayer

Slaughter Of The Soul said:
Many liked it but it's not true Slayer album.
Tom Araya, Kerry King, Jeff Hanneman, and Dave Lombardo all wrote and played on it. Its a "true" Slayer album because the band fucking wrote the album. Don't be an elitist piece of shit.

Reactions: SculptedCold
Slaughter Of The Soul said:
Seasons In The Abyss, isn't a true Slayer album, it's a BIG SHIT.

Go get "Reign In Blood" or "Hell Awaits", these are legends...

So yet Again I find myself asking Do all Greeks have their heads up their ass? Seasons is a Most Excelent album ....... tho yes you are right about Reign & Hell awaits