• Advent

Votes: 11 11.2%
  • In the mist she was standing

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • April ethreal

Votes: 18 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The Leper Affinity. I remember.... my first Opeth song..... I downloaded it, listened to it once, with my jaw on the floor the whole time.... listened to it again immediately after.... went to bed, woke up and ran and bought BWP immediately. It all started with that song.... such a fond memory....

lol cool story sunlapse. Yea this a toughy. I voted for windowpane, but it was actually a 3way tie between windowpane, in the mist she was standing, and the moor.

i voted for leper affinity...but even though no one has said it yet...wreath is pretty good, the little drum intro throws you right into the middle of everything...doesn't make much sense

I swear, its so damn tricky... April Ethereal, Advent and In the Mist she was Standing are all such brilliant openers. I voted for In the Mist because I mean its just the first thing they expected people to hear... ever. As the opener on their debut its simply the most incredible piece concievable.

Tough Decision because all of them are kickass openers, I say Prologue/April Ethereal because it just makes such a nice atmosphere setting for the rest of the album

I was between The Moor and April Ethereal, but when you see the album as a whole, April Ethereal really prepares the mood for what comes next, great song. No doubt.