best opeth album

"What's wrong with you people?
I'm not cutting my fucking hair!!!
What kinda of a thread is this? Remember I am watchin' you guys!
Cheers
Mike"

Mikael Åkerfeldt June 5th 2003
That was great...

If I had to put them in order...

1. MAYH, BWP
2. Orchid, Ghost Reveries, Still Life
3. Morningrise, Deliverance, Damnation

... I cannot decide- I love them all so they all get top 3.

1.Still Life

2.Morningrise, Blackwater Park, Orchid, Damnation, Hearse & Deliverance

3.Ghost Reveries

Well since everyone is putting lists now...

1. Blackwater Park / Morningrise
2. Damnation/ Ghost Reveries / Deliverence / Orchid
3. Still Life / My Arms, Your Worst. (Sorry, had to put that...)

Like someone else said somewhere, maybe the least favourites are due to the fact I got them last (besides GR, which being new got lots of play...) and Karma. I really like Still Life, I just listen to it the least and if I had to think of an Opeth song on the spot there is a 90% chance it wouldn't be off Still Life (or be Karma).

Also to be honest, I didn't listen to Orchid much in the past but recently "got it" again and so thats why its in the middle whereas before I probably would have swapped it with Still Life. I think the middle and bottom spots are liquid depending on mood but the top spot(s) will probably stay as they are.

Everyone's RANKING now... which is kinda dumb, but now I wanna do it too.

1. BWP
2. MAYH
3. Deliverance
4. Orchid
5. Morningrise
6. Still Life
7. GR
8. Damnation

Damnation is lowest because I like the folky mellow more than the proggy metal.
I'm split between SL and GR, but gave Still Life the veteran edge.
Deliverance and Orchid were really close too.
Blackwater Park is a handshake for my ears, and as much as I love MAYH I don't know if it will ever have the same effect on me.

i like still life so much because it is the perfect mix of prog with forest.. it bridges the gap between their first 3 albums and the next 3 to come (not including damnation) i think they hit the nail on the head with that album, and the riffs are so fucking inventive and clever I have no idea how they ever thought of most of them

ranking is fun...

1. Still Life
2. BWP
3. Deliverance
4. GR
5. Damnation
6. MAYH
7. Orchid
8. Morningrise

Kinda split between SL and BWP though cuz they're both amazing.

I wouldn't say ghost reveries is the worst, but it certainly does have some...-meh- tracks on them.

Blackwater Park
My Arms, Your Hearse
Deliverance
Still Life
Orchid
Ghost Reveries
Damnation
Morningrise

there is no such thing as "the best opeth album"

they are all different works of art. you wouldn't go and say which picasso painting was the best. the most popular can be said, but there is no thing as "best" when it comes to artists as talented and unhindered as opeth.