best opeth album

1. my arms, your hearse. there exists just one album better than this one, and its from a german band called disillusion. their debut btw.
2. morningrise
3. blackwater park
4. orchid
5. ghost reveries
6. still life
7. deliverance
8. damnation

but none of them is weaker than 8/10 of course.
but MAYH has got everything. it provides that little clean vocals but when they appear, they seem to make you cry tears of happiness because of that level of perfection musicians can climb, and tears of sorrow because of the atmospheric concept story. it's opeths hardest, the most death-metal work from them ever. combine those 2 arguments and you wont have anything less than the best album from one of the best bands worldwide...

Although I try to respect your individual opinions, anyone that lists Morningrise as Opeth's worst album is a fucking tool.

That is all.

I have all of Opeth's albums, and my order would be something like:

Still Life - All tracks and elements are great.
Ghost Reveries - Everything is great. Atonement is pretty boring.
Damnation - Great album except for the chorus of DWaL and Weakness.
My Arms, Your Hearse - Brilliant atmosphere, awesome riffs. Production is a little muddy and could possibly use more clean vocal parts.
Blackwater Park - First four songs are Still Life quality or beyond, rest are weak, bonus tracks are awesome.
Morningrise - Black Rose Immortal and TBYF make this album for me, NATSW is a cool song too.
Deliverance - Deliverance and A Fair Judgement make this album.
Orchid

Orchid is the only album I don't particulary like that much, and it defnately has many beautiful moments, and cool riffs, but mostly the songwriting as a whole bores me on it. It dosn't feel like an Opeth album somehow.

Can't really say which one is my favorite since they all have some songs that I like equally as good. I would have to say that their best songs are on Blackwater Park since I feel that is really where the pieces really came together, the album is the most complete. It is not my favorite, but probably the bands best work. Others could say Still Life, but I think Blackwater Park is just more well rounded song wise.

EVH316 said:
Although I try to respect your individual opinions, anyone that lists Morningrise as Opeth's worst album is a fucking tool.

That is all.
Morningrise Sucks bawuls!! :lol:

sevenmilestones said:
there is no such thing as "the best opeth album"

they are all different works of art. you wouldn't go and say which picasso painting was the best. the most popular can be said, but there is no thing as "best" when it comes to artists as talented and unhindered as opeth.
Actually, it is supposed to be the individual's opinion, so yes, there is such thing as a "Best Opeth Album" to them.

There's no need to assume people are idiots for that. :zombie:

I have changed my mind a little after listening to Morningrise alot of late and generaly thinking more about the positions on the list. I also put Damnation over BWP. I feel as I said that there is much more thought behind this list then the last. The only positions unchanged are the top and the bottom of the list. :D

1.My Arms, Your Hearse(-)
2.Morningrise(+3)
3.Still Life(-1)
4.Orchid(-1)
5.Ghost Reveries(-1)
6.Damnation(+1)
7.Blackwater Park(-1)
8.Deliverence(-)

Anyone who doesn't put Still Life first does not understand music. :D

1. Still Life
2. Ghost Reveries
3. MorningRise
4. MAYH
5. Damnation
6. Orchid
7. Blackwater Park
8. Deliverance

!. Morningrise
@. Still Life
#. Blackwater Park
$. Deliverance
%. Orchid
^. Ghost Reveries
&. Damnation
*. My Arms, Your Hearse

To put this in perspective, I think MAYH is a masterpeice.

Hmm... it seems as though everybody is rating their albums from least favorite to favorite... okay then.

Here's what I think:

1. Delviverince
1.1. Orphan
1.2. Mroningrize
1.3. Stall Lyfe
1.5. My Ohms, Your Herd
1.5. Whitewater Palk
1.5. Damn United Nation
1.5. Goat Remedies

There.

Fav to least Fav.

My Arms, Your Hearse
Still Life
Ghost Reveries
Blackwater Park
Orchid
Morningrise
Deliverance - To short in my opinon. Good tracks though.
Damnation - On another playing field. Good though.

Tubbs Mcgee said:
Hmm... it seems as though everybody is rating their albums from least favorite to favorite... okay then.

Here's what I think:

1. Delviverince
1.1. Orphan
1.2. Mroningrize
1.3. Stall Lyfe
1.5. My Ohms, Your Herd
1.5. Whitewater Palk
1.5. Damn United Nation
1.5. Goat Remedies

There.

Damn Tubbs your humour is poor :puke: