Best Opeth Album?

As you can see by the varied and outrageous posts here Opeth is a Devil Worshiping band. As you can see here, one question and you have festerd the pimple on MA's ass and brought chaos into this serene atmosphere.

Steer clear faint of hearts, this music is for those doomed to hell.

NubianGoddess & In Limbow - Good idea. :lol:
Antipunx - C'mon, play nice. He was asking for your help, so don't be a grumpy guy. :p
hibernal_dream - :erk::zombie:

Anyhow, I've recently got into Opeth, and a friend recommended Still Life. Since I trust you guys to know your stuff, I'll start with that. Then Deliverance.

Thanks! :headbang:

Still Life would be a good one to start with, but it'd be better to end with. Cos then you could see how much better Still Life than the other albums. In my opinion, the only other album that comes close to it is Blackwater Park. But then again when I think about, those two albums are on about par with me. They're both on the spin regularly for me, couldn't go too long without listening to either album. So I'd say you'd be better off listening to Still Life and Blackwater Park last, cos they're by far the best Opeth albums, in my opinion.

i bought Deliverance and Damnation first and it gave me a pretty good idea of how heavy AND how mellow they are. **shrugs**

hmm.....
uhm.I kinda dislike Deliverence. I mean, it's by no means bad, but it's probably Opeth's worst. I think that My Arms Your Hearse is their heaviest album, and probably the best, along with Still Life and Ghost Reveries.
Morningrise is really cool too, though.

hmm.....
uhm.I kinda dislike Deliverence. I mean, it's by no means bad, but it's probably Opeth's worst. I think that My Arms Your Hearse is their heaviest album, and probably the best, along with Still Life and Ghost Reveries.
Morningrise is really cool too, though.
Oops, late quote. I hugely disagree about Deliverance, because I think it's one of their best. I've been slowly preferring Still Life over it recently though, which is probably my favorite now. (I haven't changed my opinion on favorite Opeth album for 3 years!)

Up until I discovered Still Life, I only listened to Damnation and Harvest. It was Still Life that got me hooked - I was so fascinated I started listening to their entire discography and fell in love with them.

Jesus Christ, this thread has beaten on the dead horse so bad it's gotta be in a million pieces by now.

STILL LIFE. for the 104239043982348239048287238954th time