Best Opeth Concept Album...

Still Life, I just connect with emotionally. I don't really think GR has a coherent concept, and while MAYH is a classic, I've always prefered Still Life to it. The whole thing sends shivers down my spine, "beckoning right behind me".

I'd probably have to say that, musically, the best concept album for me is 'Still Life', but as far as the actual concept is concerned, I prefer the story in 'My Arms, Your Hearse'.

I like that bordering to black metal album :kickass:

Still Life, but I haven't really heard My Arms at all though.

love both, but ill go with still life because it deals with religious beliefs, infidelity, death sentence etc. good concept

yeh still lifes concept is great and the execution of it is really impressive too. you can really get into the story whereas with MAYH i think its predominately the strength of the music not the concept that makes it a great album.

hearse is the better album musically, but still life's concept is more complete in the way the lyrics and music work together. so i'd say still life is the better concept album.

MAYH.
I think there is something about every song on it that has a certain amazing feel. Each song starts and ends brilliantly.. And the music seems like more of journey to me. You can tell Mikael really put a lot of effort into MAYH's lyrics and the music. I find the music respresents the lyrics a lot better and as a whole has more atmosphere.

..If it were down to just the music, i'd say Still Life just beats it. Conceptually, MAYH unleashes a mighty turd all over Still Life.

LOL, the second I saw this thread I knew the majority of people would say Still Life, I on the other hand owning neither Still Life or My Arms Your Hearse can't really say too much, except from what i've heard I would have to say my favorite would be Still Life.

I like the concept and story of Still Life more, as well as the music. MAYH has some really cool lyrics, but all in all the story isn't as interesting as SL.

I suppose GR might have been interesting too if it had been a complete concept.