Best Prog Death Metal Band

Forest-of-October said:
You know, this thread made a lot more sence before Sadguru brought that up. So instead of getting involved in this little side-convo I'm just going to answer the original question.

...Yes

:OMG:

BTW, Blimey, did you realize that although you've only been here a few months, you already have 350 posts. I joined a few days after you and your post completley doubles mine and then some :lol:
haha. want to know why? look at the length of my posts :p

Sadguru said:
Oh you mean that: "As far as progressive death metal goes, yes Opeth are my favorite band. Best? I don't know."

You missed my point. I wanted to enphasis that it's questionable whether or not Opeth are objectively the BEST prog. death metal band. My subjective opinion is that Opeth are my favorite band within the genre.
Well, either you need to specify, or to express your opinion with sufficient vocabulary.

Forest-of-October said:
You know, this thread made a lot more sence before Sadguru brought that up. So instead of getting involved in this little side-convo I'm just going to answer the original question.

...Yes

:OMG:

BTW, Blimey, did you realize that although you've only been here a few months, you already have 350 posts. I joined a few days after you and your post completley doubles mine and then some :lol:

30 is not the double of 150 :wave:

EDIT: it's not fair to edit your posts when i'm going to make fun of them!!

Sadguru said:
How is it superior? It is different, but superior? Given, Mike's vocal cord are phenomenal, but what objective value to you give to the quality of the riffs, harmonies, song structure, emotion and so on?
You can't give an objective value to the quality of riffs etc, and I'm not getting into a fight with you on taste, because as everyone knows here, Opeth creates the best sounding music in the genre.

worldwide_suicide said:
Actually he never stated that he wasn't sure if they were his/her favorite band.

He said they were his favorite, but not sure about being the best.

so blimey, my friend... you just got..

PWN3D!!!!

Well, actually, he did. Read the quote above stating: "but are they the best? I don't know". I realize now that because Sadguru doesnt know english, he meant something else. But that doesnt change the meaning of his original quote :).

blimey said:
You can't give an objective value to the quality of riffs etc, and I'm not getting into a fight with you on taste, because as everyone knows here, Opeth creates the best sounding music in the genre.
I'm not interested in fighting either. On the other hand, I would like to discuss whether or not musical superiority exists as an objective value. Interested?

hehehe lol,

parlons français, donc!!!

meh, my french sucks as much as my english, but not as much as Sadguru's, so it's OK :)

Sadguru said:
I'm not interested in fighting either. On the other hand, I would like to discuss whether or not musical superiority exists as an objective value. Interested?

May i refer you to the "Who plays the best solos" thread/poll, where there's a discussion on the subject already :oops:

blimey said:
Well, actually, he did. Read the quote above stating: "but are they the best? I don't know". I realize now that because Sadguru doesnt know english, he meant something else. But that doesnt change the meaning of his original quote :).
I repeat, I never did. All is explained in a previous post.

worldwide_suicide said:
30 is not the double of 150 :wave:

EDIT: it's not fair to edit your posts when i'm going to make fun of them!!

Hahahaha, sorry about that mate :loco:
Again however, I have NO clue about what the fuck is going on what so ever, so I'm just gonna ignore this thread.

Sadguru said:
Thanks for the link, but that thread will be fine :)
Well... I actually don't beleive musical superiority has an objective value, but I would be interested as hell to see if musical quality has any objective value.