BEST PROGRESSIVE METAL ALBUM OF ALL TIME!!! (Until Romeo & Co. makes better one)

I too think V is the best Symphony X album... and it ranks in my Top 5 albums ever made. They really did something special with this album.

I agree , it used to be in my top 10 , maybe not anymore , but it's their best album

The Stormbringer said:
but the best Prog Metal album ever is clearly Dream Theater´s "Images and Words".
No way dood! It's clearly "Awake". Or "Aghora". Or Opeth's "Still Life". Or Cynic's "Focus". So many great albums.

Marre79 said:
V - THE NEW MYTHOLOGY SUITE
If there was just some way they could play this whole album live and film it on DVD! ...After that I'm ready to die!
Ugh, so many people on this forum have no idea what progressive metal is.

ProgMetalFan said:
I too think V is the best Symphony X album... and it ranks in my Top 5 albums ever made. They really did something special with this album.

I couldn't have said it better myself, but I felt like making the point that this was a great post.

Posted by Kate Bush Rules! Ugh, so many people on this forum have no idea what progressive metal is.
I'm starting to get really annoyed with this "SyX are power metal - there is so much better prog out there" attitude.
Let Marre79 enjoy the album as it is a masterpiece!

Awake is my fav DT album . What about Arcturus' La Masquerade Infernale ? :p

I haven't heard of it but judging from your avatar, you seem to like it .lol. Is it like a Death Metal thing.?

Prog Rock - Rush "Moving Pichures"
Prog Metal - SyX "The Odessey"
Prog/Power - Evergrey "Recreation Day"
Technical Metal - Spiral Architect "A Sceptics Universe"
Concept Album - "V" - EASY!
Power Metal - Angra "Rebirth"

Very difficult thread.......

If we're talking about prog-metal I'd choose Dream Theater's "Images and Words", Pain of Salvation's "The Perfect Element" or Symphony X's "The Divine Wings of Tragedy"/"V"

Talking about prog-rock..... the ones that I like most are:

Yes: "Close to the Edge"/"Relayer"/"Fragile"
Emerson Lake and Palmer: "Brain Salad Surgery" / "Tarkus" (Pictures at an Exhibition comes from Mussorgsky' classical music composition)
King Crimson: "In the Court of the Crimson King"/ "Larks' Tongue in Aspic"/ "Starless and Bible Back"
Rush: "Pictures at an Exhibition"/"Power Windows"/"Hold Your Fire"
Spocks Beard: "V"/"Snow"
The Flower Kings: "Retropolis"/"Space Revolver"
Pink Floyd: "The Wall"/"Wish You Were Here"/"Dark Side of the Moon"
Genesis: "The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway"/"Selling England By The Pound"/"Foxtrot"
Marillion: "Misplaced Childhood"/"Script for a Jester's Tear"

Mr. Shred-ididle said:
I haven't heard of it but judging from your avatar, you seem to like it .lol. Is it like a Death Metal thing.?

Ah , not at all . In fact , they started as a melodic black metal band with their first album Aspera Hiems Symfonia which is awesome :Spin:
Then they released La Masquerade Infernale which is a very weird album mixing classical voice , electronic sounds and so on . Really Unique.
Their last effort The Sham Mirrors (my avatar) is their third masterpiece of out three albums :). As i canno't properly describe the music , i found a good review of this album (i think the same ) : http://digitalmetal.com/reviews.asp?cid=2896
Not to mention you have to check this band .

Kate Bush Rules! said:
No way dood! It's clearly "Awake". Or "Aghora". Or Opeth's "Still Life". Or Cynic's "Focus". So many great albums.

Marre79 said:
V - THE NEW MYTHOLOGY SUITE
If there was just some way they could play this whole album live and film it on DVD! ...After that I'm ready to die!
Ugh, so many people on this forum have no idea what progressive metal is.

Hey, human, who are you to teach us what is progressive metal? I don't like your tone. So please shut the **** up.

Best prog-metal album goes to Queensrÿche for "Operation:Mindcrime" and "Empire". "Images And Words" is great, the only DT album still worth listening to after you get enough of them. But it ain't perfect.

Mr. Shred-ididle said:
I'm starting to get really annoyed with this "SyX are power metal - there is so much better prog out there" attitude.
Let Marre79 enjoy the album as it is a masterpiece!
I'm not saying that anything is better or worse than Symphony X. I like them too (I'm posting at this message board, duh!) - but I know full well that they are a power metal band.