theme of new album?

How about the Dark Ages, Inquisiton, I dont know might not be enough there for an entire album. Vampires seem stupid to me, always have. How much can you do about Vampires, its old and tireing to me, sleep in a coffin during the day, fly around at night and drink blood... how thrilling and inspiring. Just doesnt seem fit for a band of depth to do 60 some minutes of music too.

Beowulf! Imagine a whole album dedicated to his adventures! Would be too cool.

They should release and acoustic album. I would love hear some riffs transfered onto acoustic guitar, and how the solos would change.

Something epic would be the rise and fall of the Roman Empire, they've done the Greeks several times over, why not Rome? I think that'd be cool

For other concepts they could explore:

Alexander the Great
Hannibal
The Crusades
The Dark Ages in Medieval Europe

Come to think of it I can't even remember the last time I listened to Paradise Lost, methinks I'll do that now :headbang:

The Dark Ages in Medieval Europe

Meh, vikings, anglo-saxons and the lot have all been done before, there's entire genres dedicated to that theme... Although actually to be fair I only know of one band who write specifically about the Anglo-Saxons.

The crap discussed in this forum would make an intersting album concept. They could make a really angry song based on threads about when the next album comes out, have a guest spot with Petrucci on an instrumental based on the drivel from the versus threads... Then there's that political thread... An actual recording of a drunk Zach call...

:lol:

Meh, vikings, anglo-saxons and the lot have all been done before, there's entire genres dedicated to that theme... Although actually to be fair I only know of one band who write specifically about the Anglo-Saxons.

Wasnt there alot of other things though. Was the inquisition during the Dark Ages ? The plague, France, Italy, the Church, probably still some Crusade of some sort going on ? Nostradamus ? Actually I just read a bit on it and it seems the scholarly dont even refer to the Dark Ages much anymore just the Middle Ages which covers a long period, theres got to be a story there somewhere.

Romes not a bad idea either, long period of time to choose from.

I just watched Dr. Zhivago and found it very interesting, again reminded me how lucky we are today. Its a good mix between a Romance and the toil of life during a brutal revolution and the aftermath

Mark - Interesting, it would have to be a spoof though and probably best suited to rock, like say Meatloaf, I dont think its deep enough for progressive metal. :lol:

Why has no-one made an epic concept album about a racedriver who wins the championship after a long struggle!??

Sorry, bad idea, but I like motorsport!:lol:

I would guess that they will come up with something good. I wouldn't mind if they did more stuff with lyrics based on literature or whatever real history events. Or they could do an album called:

ACCOLADE: PARTS III-X

Yes!!

It would water down the unique and particular quality of the Accolades. The second used themes and melodies from the first, reapplied, different keys/tempo, etc. I would like to see this continue in a third Accolade, but an entire album of it would be missing the mark. An album with a medieval theme or centering on the Knights Templar would be fine, and would be a perfect place to put Accolade III, though.

I am really only hoping for possibly one more addition to the Accolade-line, but yes, something medieval-ish is something I could expect from Symphony X. Atleast it's quite certain that we won't see them making lyrics, which would be directly about modern society or anything like that.

Atleast it's quite certain that we won't see them making lyrics, which would be directly about modern society or anything like that.

Hey, why not?

vying the worthless win
miller lights are wrongly yearned by foolish kin
lamer's rights to bitch and squeal
palace of hookers is their deal

into all frivilous fun
being horny toads they ride for germs untold

eh, no?

All finns like motorsport. And mint.

(tonight's prejudice comment from me. yesterday was "all french people are gay"... and the bit about hairy italians)

didn't that shitty band Cake write a song about that? It wasn't a good idea really...

I know it's not. The lyrics would suck ass.

And yes, all finns like motorsport. And mint. And ammonium chloride. And rye brea. and Sauna. And so on.

by the way, apparently almost no one else except the finns are such big fans of ammonium chloride. They are sweets you know. Kind of salty liquorice.

I was almost going to say that they could base it off of Norse mythology but I remembered all the viking metal bands that are out there lol..

I really just don't want them to center the story around something shallow that will just be an excuse to write typical "war" and "battle" lyrics. I would rather see something that is more like an alternate history. Something in real history and mythology but with their own twist. Maybe center it around alchemy and the people who pursued the power to control nature itself? I dunno? I really just don't want something bland like the Roman Empire...besides, didn't Circus Maximus already do that?

Actually I just thought of something.

What about focusing on each song individually and making each themed after a different literary work/short story? Kind of like how they based the song "King of Terrors" off of that Edgar Allen Poe story. Each song could cover the theme of a different actual short story in literature.