theme of new album?

Divine Comedy theme anyone?

with Inferno part II?

actualy, it wouldnt be a bad idea. one thrid of the album would be metal (inferno) one third would be progressive (paradisio) and purgatorio could be a mix?

just thinking out loud.

An idea came to my mind. A theme about a dying protagonist who's laying on his deathbed after coming down the long hard way of having is terminal disease. The first song would be about his/her last minutes and death but rest would be about the disease in a reversed chronological order and all the emotions involved with it. Pretty cheesy idea but there could be some deep lyrics crafted into it especially if someone with a terminal disease would write them.

Makes probably no sense at all.

Into Eternity KIND OF already did that. Their latest album is dedicated to one of their close friends and his brother who both actually died from cancer. The whole album is a concept dealing with a person's mental thoughts and emotions as he/she goes through and deals with their sickness.

Made this once as kind of a joke (not a theme album, but the last track is a Beowulf epic). I almost wanted to e-mail to MJR, I bet he'd get a kick out of it.

Code:
Fate's Design (73:15)

1. Quo Fata Ferunt (1:06)
2. Invocation (The Grand Inferno) (4:30)
3. From Within the Fire (5:12)
4. Of Light and Lies (3:02)
5. The Savage (6:03)
6. Sea of Revenge (Eye for an Eye) (5:46)
7. Death of Seduction (4:24)
8. The Fool's Odyssey (8:14)
9. Fate's Design (18:34)
	Part   I: King Hroðgar (Prologue)
	Part  II: The Soul Devourer
	Part III: Mother of the Sea
	Part  IV: Smoke and the Dragon
	Part   V: Beowulf's Will (Epilogue)
10. Awakenings II (10:12)
11. The New Masquerade (Japanese bonustrack) (6:12)

Here is my opinion about Symphony X next tracks title.

1. The book Of Mormon (1:06)
2. Nephilium Metal (4:30)
3. Fire! Fire! (5:12)
4. Please somebody call the fireman! (3:02)
5. The flood is coming! (6:03)
6. Please somebody prepare the boat! (5:46)
7. Seductive chicks (4:24)
8. The April Fool's Odyssey (8:14)
9. Fate's Design and Build(18:34)
Part I: King Kong Hroðgar (Prologue)
Part II: The Soul Devourer of King Saul
Part III: Mother of the Sea, father of the river
Part IV: Smoke and the Dragon's wife
Part V: Beowulf will destroy you (Epilogue)

Do not click here

Made this once as kind of a joke (not a theme album, but the last track is a Beowulf epic). I almost wanted to e-mail to MJR, I bet he'd get a kick out of it.

Code:
Fate's Design (73:15)

1. Quo Fata Ferunt (1:06)
2. Invocation (The Grand Inferno) (4:30)
3. From Within the Fire (5:12)
4. Of Light and Lies (3:02)
5. The Savage (6:03)
6. Sea of Revenge (Eye for an Eye) (5:46)
7. Death of Seduction (4:24)
8. The Fool's Odyssey (8:14)
9. Fate's Design (18:34)
	Part   I: King Hroðgar (Prologue)
	Part  II: The Soul Devourer
	Part III: Mother of the Sea
	Part  IV: Smoke and the Dragon
	Part   V: Beowulf's Will (Epilogue)

Even with the joke references to past songs, I seriously would not mind this being the new album's lineup at all.

Maybe they should do Nostradamus as a concept, and show Judas Priest how to make that concept into a GOOD album.

SymphonyXJapan - +1, but that album was also dedicated to the guitarists father. It was dedicated to 3 very close people who died of cancer, which is tragic.

I'm not sure if I'd even be interested in hearing the album if they ever did a concept about Vampires, zombies, werewolves or anything cheesily supernatural. I get the feeling they'd just be forcing an overly dark sound, which is not what I'd want from Symphony X.

Even with the joke references to past songs, I seriously would not mind this being the new album's lineup at all.

The whole thing is a big pun, not just parts of it. And even so, it's missing an Accolade gag, so it I'd mind it being real, definitely ;)

Unless there's an epic on it, I don't care about the story. It's not like I followed the one in V or Paradise Lost. On the other hand they seem to write better music if the songs are connected somehow.

You Freaking kiddin' me?! You didn't follow the story in V? The story is what makes that album so great! I mean it's very good even if ya dont pay attention to the story, but still dude.. :p

I think that we need a Symphony x DT style album that's similar in concept to Octavarium. I don't like a lot of the songs on that record, but I could always appreciate the fact that the songs are both disconnected and united at the same time. The lyrics to the songs are completely different, but the whole major key change/minor key synth solos was pretty interesting. It think that they should the thing that they did on the first part of Twilight (first 5 songs) where each song lead into the other (always thought that was strange). They should do a 7 song album with at least one 20+ minute epic. Basically they should be able to play the songs from the album in order live because they flow inot each other. I don't want this to become another V because although the songs over 5 min were good, the rest of the album (it;s a great album don't get me wrong) sounded like filler unles you listen to the songs consecutively. We need an album the flows, but you can still listen to the songs in a row without getting bored.