Best reason to post again: new Agalloch DVD is out

yo tyler durden! buying expensive stuff is nerdy, everything's useless, we're all gonna die, what a provocative opinion. is it also your dignity that makes you spend your precious time commenting stuff that as you say nobody gives a fuck about? how ridiculous is that?
btw, i'm neither romanian nor do i have a car. not that this has anything to do with the discussion in the first place.
haha you should chill out bro. i'm on your side. i'm just saying buy your big expensive vinyls if you enjoy them, why should anyone care

also, being a super cool nihilist, i long ago realized that 1) sure, everything is pointless! but also that 2) that insight does not prevent me from doing or enjoying things

also my time isn't very precious, i am at work so

some would also say just listening to agalloch makes you a ridiculous hipster
yeah okay but those folks would be wrong. it is different to praise annoying flaws of obsolete technology as virtues because, i don't even know why, because it looks cool on the internet and/or because you're oblivious to the existence of equalizers or that different CD players sound different too? if "hey different cartridges sound different" is an argument for vinyl it's the WEAKEST one i've ever seen, and it only impresses people who don't know shit about shit

here's another post.

i think limited editions of anything from popular bands have almost completely lost their viability

at this point, releasing something limited to 300 copies if you usually sell 10000 of the album just signals a wish to fuck over your fans

release regular cd's and lp's, as many as you expect to sell. press more identical copies upon demand. tell gz to omit the matrix numbers entirely on your records

haha you should chill out bro. i'm on your side. i'm just saying buy your big expensive vinyls if you enjoy them, why should anyone care

also, being a super cool nihilist, i long ago realized that 1) sure, everything is pointless! but also that 2) that insight does not prevent me from doing or enjoying things

also my time isn't very precious, i am at work so

yeah okay but those folks would be wrong. it is different to praise annoying flaws of obsolete technology as virtues because, i don't even know why, because it looks cool on the internet and/or because you're oblivious to the existence of equalizers or that different CD players sound different too? if "hey different cartridges sound different" is an argument for vinyl it's the WEAKEST one i've ever seen, and it only impresses people who don't know shit about shit

kay, no harm done ;)
i know this is sort of semi-religious dispute about the pros and cons of cd and vinyl, and i know what an equalizer is, also the whole cartridge thing was not meant as an argument, or to be cool (i know how very nerdy this actually is), it's just something that i've come to like about vinyl. in a way it's also these flaws that give the media personality. for me there really is no such thing as an argument for vinyl, and to my ears it sure doesn't sound better than cd, but it does sound different, also depending on the cartridge, and i like that, just the way i like the big covers and the vinyl colours and the crackle and shit. just personal taste. i know an equalizer could do the same, but the same way your gilette shaver shaves you just as clean as your grandpa's hand shaver from before ww2, it's just not as cool ;)

kay, no harm done ;)
i know this is sort of semi-religious dispute about the pros and cons of cd and vinyl, and i know what an equalizer is, also the whole cartridge thing was not meant as an argument, or to be cool (i know how very nerdy this actually is), it's just something that i've come to like about vinyl. in a way it's also these flaws that give the media personality. for me there really is no such thing as an argument for vinyl, and to my ears it sure doesn't sound better than cd, but it does sound different, also depending on the cartridge, and i like that, just the way i like the big covers and the vinyl colours and the crackle and shit. just personal taste. i know an equalizer could do the same, but the same way your gilette shaver shaves you just as clean as your grandpa's hand shaver from before ww2, it's just not as cool ;)

okay. this is all cool and makes sense.

it's just my clueless hipster alarm goes off when someone waltzes in and says something like that because i imagine them in thick rimmed glasses clutching a nachtmystium splatter vinyl in one hand and a banana latte in the other, being all "i use the audio-technica es-439 pick-up exclusively. through extensive testing of the more mainstream alternatives as well as some fairly esoteric ones, i have concluded that the es-439's response around 120hz is a perfect match for my ears. although i wouldnt expect you plebians to understand. *snort*"

i seem to recall someone on this forum wanting to buy stone wind... i''ve decided to part with it

everything you've ever bought is stupid shit, including your novelty-size automobile mr. romanian man (i don't think you actually own a MINI, i haven't really been paying attention, but those things are ridiculous. i'd have more dignity in a 1:400 scale barbiemobile)

ahhhahhahha ... you're right, i buy cars that fuel my manhood.

nah, wanna hear the new amp of -the desecrator- though

yeah... but... it feels like we have nothing to rehearse for, i'd rather stay home and try to write a new song or something

or rehearse heavy metal as a 3-piece, or envenomed, whatever

here's another post.

i think limited editions of anything from popular bands have almost completely lost their viability

at this point, releasing something limited to 300 copies if you usually sell 10000 of the album just signals a wish to fuck over your fans

release regular cd's and lp's, as many as you expect to sell. press more identical copies upon demand. tell gz to omit the matrix numbers entirely on your records

amen! but until then, i probably have to turn to the dark side and buy two more of the expected to be limited-to-actually-no-copies-at-all vinyl release of marrow, just to be able to finance my copies of pale folklore and the mantle. you might look for the ebay auction that includes a t-shirt that spells "they made me do it" if you click on 'buy it now'. ;)

amen! but until then, i probably have to turn to the dark side and buy two more of the expected to be limited-to-actually-no-copies-at-all vinyl release of marrow, just to be able to finance my copies of pale folklore and the mantle. you might look for the ebay auction that includes a t-shirt that spells "they made me do it" if you click on 'buy it now'. ;)

personally, i have everything agalloch has released on vinyl so far (well, not the wooden box reissue because i have the originals) but i have no desire to get "marrow"

not because it is a bad album or anything or for any stupid scene-political reasons, i'm just starting to get too old for this shit and you know what? it feels pretty good to be free of the "GOTTA BUY THIS" bond. too many folks call themself non-materialistic and then hoard albums like it's going out of style (which it is)

i did order the regular cd. but that's gonna have to be enough

personally, i have everything agalloch has released on vinyl so far (well, not the wooden box reissue because i have the originals) but i have no desire to get "marrow"

not because it is a bad album or anything or for any stupid scene-political reasons, i'm just starting to get too old for this shit and you know what? it feels pretty good to be free of the "GOTTA BUY THIS" bond. too many folks call themself non-materialistic and then hoard albums like it's going out of style (which it is)

i did order the regular cd. but that's gonna have to be enough

i know what you mean. i've planned my acquisitions two months in advance, but not necessarily priorised by personal liking but by 'how how much time do i have before it's sold out'. this is really starting to stress me out, and i've just started collecting vinyl early this year.
btw: i actually do have a nachtmystium splatter vinyl (instinct: decay) :oops: