Opeth DVD!

Evil C.

Jan 19, 2003
houston, tx
Visit site
Hails everyone...

Did anyone see the info on the new Opeth DVD yet?

OPETH - Lamentations: Live DVD

All regions DVD Recorded at Opeth's critically acclaimed performance at the Shepherd's Bush Empire on 25th September 2003, Opeth's first official DVD release is over 3 hours of majesty, beauty and power that fans have come to expect from this most unique of bands from Sweden. Featuring over two hours of, Swedish Grammy winners, Opeth at their very best in concert, covering material from their much-lauded albums 'Deliverance', 'Damnation' and 2001's 'Blackwater Park'. The DVD also contains over an hour of documentary footage recorded during the making of their now infamous twin alter-ego albums "Deliverance" and "Damnation". Up to Opeth's very highest standards, the DVD once again features beautiful artwork as provided by Travis Smith, and was filmed in High Definition video (far superior to the standard digibeta). Presented in 5.1 surround sound, this is an absolute must have item for any self-respecting Opeth (or any one come to that matter) who is interested in high quality music. We are now accepting pre-orders on this title, PLEASE order separate from the rest of your order so we wont have to delay your entire order!!!!

Get your pre orders in at The End Records..

All I can say is whoo hoo!!!!

Evil C

I've seen a lot of complaints about the absence of earlier material, but since the albums made before the current lineup weren't emphasized on the tour, that is only a minor complaint for me...I'm getting this just for the making of documentary.

One thing for certain, it will be infinitely better than the piece of shit Danzig DVD I picked up last week, ugh. The miracles of DVDdom have not passed unto the O Short and Buff one... :bah:

Do Opeth have any music videos, or other DVDs, or will this be the first?

NAD said:
Do Opeth have any music videos, or other DVDs, or will this be the first?

As far as I know, it is their only one (with the exception of bootlegs, of course).

I am very disappointed in the material present on the DVD. Really, those are probably my least favorite Opeth albums. I like some of the stuff off Blackwater Park, but Deliverance and Damnation did nothing for me. But, like Demonspell, I too would like it mainly for the making of documentary.

Fucking hell, Damnation is soooo forgotten in this household.

I'll probably like it again after I've become sick of everything else that I like more.

Curious to see the DVD though...but that requires time sitting infront of the television set which is a waste unless some sort of lesbian and/or zombie action is involved. What do Opeth chicks and groupies look like I wonder?

I finally really enjoy Damnation, there's a certain vibe acheived. Better than the first three Opeth albums, but that's not saying entirely too much I suppose.

Opeth groupies look like dudes, because they are.

I think Damnation is ok, but I just don't ever feel the urge to listen to it. I mean, if I only had three CDs where the other 2 were brutal noisy and evil, then maybe, but if I were in the mood for some acoustic melancholy, there are a hundred other albums from other genres that I would pick first, probably containing Waters and Gilmour.

Papa Josh said:
This staement makes no sense to me...

The albums did nothing for you, but you want to see a documentary about their making? :bah:

I guess I want it because the process of making the albums would be fun to watch, regardless of what I thought of the albums themselves. Just watching them in the studio, writing new riffs, trying different things, and actual recording would be entertaining, at least visually if nothing else. Also, I still like all their stuff up until those two albums.

Furious B said:
I guess I want it because the process of making the albums would be fun to watch, regardless of what I thought of the albums themselves. Just watching them in the studio, writing new riffs, trying different things, and actual recording would be entertaining, at least visually if nothing else. Also, I still like all their stuff up until those two albums.
I wouldn't be surprised that after watching the documentary, you end up liking the albums a bit more.

Other than the obvious change with Damnation, I'm not sure what issue people had with Deliverance - particularly those who praise Blackwater Park.

Deliverance is my favorite Opeth followed closely by Still Life. Blackwater Park is good but a little contrived at times. The only one I don't like is Morningrise.

So did anyone ever get this DVD? Comments? I'm really interested in how the studio footage turned out aka the "making of" documentary. Also, is there a tracklisting of their live set?

this is an absolute must have item for any self-respecting Opeth (or any one come to that matter) who is interested in high quality music.
What is an Opeth? And do they tend to be interested in high-quality music?

bunniesostears.jpg

A pair of frolicking Opeths.

HarmonyDies.... said:
That's really sad. They aren't that good

I find comments like this to be ridiculous. Opeth DID change the way I think about music and without them I wouldn't be listening to metal. I could just as easily turn around and say "That's really sad. They aren't that good." about Emperor, Darkthrone, Slayer, Iron Maiden or whatever band it was that got you into metal, but I guess the "tr00-police" might come after me if I ever dissed on Darkthrone. I think that its ludacris that Opeth catches a lot of shit from people mainly because of their fans or whatever reason people seem to hold a grudge against them for, while other bands can get away with it. Everytime you diss on a band like Opeth or any newer band that may have influenced someone's musical tastes, take a look in the mirror and think about how it might piss you off if they were talking shit about the band that got you into metal, because for most people they hold that band very dear and people who weren't influenced by them in that way just won't understand. Maybe I'm just pissed off and ranting like hell tonight but the last two comments in this thread really hit a nerve. And now that I'm done feel free to take shots at me for being a fanboy as I know many of you will.