Best reason to post again: new Agalloch DVD is out

Do you keep this vast discography stashed alongside the slides of Haughm's collected spittle?

hahahaha, that's SO funny, hahahahaha. Now you're really managed to prove what a jackass I am, well done! I'm going to sell all my collection for 50$, buy cheapest mp3 player and download all Agalloch albums. Would this make me normal again?

This discussion is really stupid...and humorous...and kind of pathetic...

How flattering that we make music not for personal enjoyment....no...but so a bunch of nerds can have a pissing contest about what crap of ours they own. For the record, Mr Amorphis, test pressing are not cool. They barely count as releases.

I'm outta here.

JH

This is a good example of why Agalloch doesn't have their own forum.

In my attempt to save this thread, here are some pictures of a puppy -

Daisy attacking a defenseless pink stuffed pig -

mlhfn.jpg

Daisy entertaining our cat Scrappy who is not impressed -

jilt82.jpg

i would just like agalloch to tour texas, so i can buy the band some beers. then i can say i saw agalloch on their tour in texas and i bought them some beers.

maybe i can get a guitar pick out of it too

Ugh...disgusting.....I understand you liking a band, but please remove the dick from your mouth and place it back into the music.

I used to like Agalloch before I know they were into attention grabbing whore-ism.

We're not. Quite the opposite actually. Our drummer is often pretty freaked out by some the idiotic fanboyisms he has encountered.

I wonder if all collectors are like this or if it is just with bands like us or Ulver or Sunn O))) or Current 93 or other bands with extensive discographies containing many limited items. Like, I wonder if Huey Lewis fans argue about who's got the biggest singles collection, while waving their dicks at each other...you know? Fucking dumb.

JH

for the record i don't care a lot about anything

but since this thread is so bad i might as well step in a li'l bit in mr. amorphis man's defense and say that while collecting everything by a band is pretty stupid (or so i've realized lately) it is a mostly harmless pastime, and if it makes you happy, go ahead

people have too much money and people usually spend it on stuff that's a LOT MORE STUPID than tapes with covers xeroxed on mint green paper (not white!!!)

i barely have any money nowadays since i work as little as possible so i can play music. so even if i wanted to be a super completist, i couldn't!

oh yeah and i just saw the susurrus inanis tape in there. love it. very good stuff!

This was really blown out of proportion. My intention was NOT to show off my collection, but to show mr. einride that I understand him perfectly. I still don't understand on what the accusation of "losing the point" is based upon. Do you think that I don't listen to Agalloch anymore or don't enjoy it as much after acquiring all this stuff? I'm pretty sure that each and everyone of you own one Agalloch limited item or another. Did you "lose the point" after buying it? Did you fail to appreciate The Mantle after buying a copy on vinyl? This is BS in its purest form. As I said before, I collect because I love the music. Period. You like the music and don't collect? Fine with me.

I would like to apologize if I hurt anyone's feelings, that was not my intention. Well, except "Plastic Nathrakh". I like people like you just as much as I like fungus on a month old bread.

for the record i don't care a lot about anything

but since this thread is so bad i might as well step in a li'l bit in mr. amorphis man's defense and say that while collecting everything by a band is pretty stupid (or so i've realized lately) it is a mostly harmless pastime, and if it makes you happy, go ahead

people have too much money and people usually spend it on stuff that's a LOT MORE STUPID than tapes with covers xeroxed on mint green paper (not white!!!)

i barely have any money nowadays since i work as little as possible so i can play music. so even if i wanted to be a super completist, i couldn't!

I agree. I'm a collector as well and yeah its nerdy but almost everyone collects something. I do have my vinyl collection in my sig but that's in hopes that someone on here will look at it and hopefully have something I'm looking for. I've contacted a few of the Agalloch guys in the past and they've always been very cool and thankful for the support. John and Don especially have been great about answering my stupid questions over the years. Yeah, I'm sure they get wierded out by some of us but at the same time I'm sure its nice to be able to count on such a loyal fan base. I guess you just have to know where to draw the line.