Best reason to post again: new Agalloch DVD is out

Sounds more like he's asking a genuine question then bragging.. but you can never tell with text can you?

This is probably the funniest case of bragging I have noted during the course of this week, and I work with a bunch of salesmen.

Haughghghmmmm: The gentleman above would like semen samples but is too embarrassed to ask, so I took the liberty to do it for him. Would you kindly assist him in his endeavours?

:lol: No, not bragging, not this time, at least. I need those two to complete my Agalloch collection. Well, along with semen samples from all four original members, of course :zombie:

Sounds more like he's asking a genuine question then bragging.. but you can never tell with text can you?
Right you are!
:lol: No, not bragging, not this time, at least. I need those two to complete my Agalloch collection. Well, along with semen samples from all four original members, of course :zombie:
I apologize, I misunderstood. Haven't you got any samples? I'm disappointed in you.

no but i have something that you will never have. i can not tell you what it is but rest assured you can take your stupid little test pressings and go fuck yourself with them

Like I said earlier, this was not bragging, but a genuine question about something that I don't have and would like to get my hands on.

Jokes aside, this is something that can really be purchased:

IMG_0793.JPG

and that would be Nattefrost's piss.

If I were dumb enough to listen to Carpathian Forest, I'd assumed I were dumb enough to buy a bottle of piss.

If I were dumb enough to listen to Carpathian Forest, I'd assumed I were dumb enough to buy a bottle of piss.

Then you may have missed that Carpathian Forest, while uneven, rock a lot when they rock.

edit: and yeah, Nattefrost is pretty disgusting but that's all part of his ztyle

Last edited by a moderator:
This might deserve it's own thread but whatever. Agalloch Wooden Box 7xLP. I'm getting ready to sell a bunch of stuff so I don't mind the price. or I could probably put it on ebay and get a nice vacation out of it :lol:

uuuuugh

too many reissues, too little new stuff

i don't think i'm spending 130 euros on a booklet and some "unreleased live stuff" although three or four years ago i undoubtedly would have

uuuuugh

too many reissues, too little new stuff

i don't think i'm spending 130 euros on a booklet and some "unreleased live stuff" although three or four years ago i undoubtedly would have

This was something between Viva Hate and The End. We said "no" about 5 times initially but when VHR got the license from TER, all we could do was demand 100% control of the graphic/conceptual content. I do agree that there are too many wood boxes out there. Too many vinyl reissues. Although, to be fair, our vinyls have been out of print for years and 130 EUR for 7 LPs beats the hell out of paying 200 EUR for a single copy of "The Mantle" LP for example.

But fuck it, we are recording this summer so hopefully a new (massive) album will emerge by year's end.

JH

our vinyls have been out of print for years and 130 EUR for 7 LPs beats the hell out of paying 200 EUR for a single copy of "The Mantle" LP for example.

That's true, but before 2011 this box will sell for three times that. Not that you're to blame really and you won't get anything at all for it, but still.

Yeah, sure. There really isn't any way around that. Such a box is very expensive to make and quite heavy on the postage costs to send. Naturally it is going to be limited. I think both the Opeth and Enslaved boxes in this series are still available though so I imagine the black editions won't sell out too soon.

Nico from Eisenwald was telling me that vinyl is really becoming a format for the rich. So true and kind of funny since back in the 80's and early 90's, LPs were the budget way to go! The cost of making and mailing vinyls (especially double LPs) is so high nowadays that simply having the format as an option usually means a limited amount and higher retail price in general

JH

This was something between Viva Hate and The End. We said "no" about 5 times initially but when VHR got the license from TER, all we could do was demand 100% control of the graphic/conceptual content.
well, that kind of sucks.

I do agree that there are too many wood boxes out there. Too many vinyl reissues. Although, to be fair, our vinyls have been out of print for years and 130 EUR for 7 LPs beats the hell out of paying 200 EUR for a single copy of "The Mantle" LP for example.
yeah, but i seem to recall you having the (laudable) attitude in the past that "once it's out of print, it's out of print", saying that there was no need to repress "of stone, wind and pillor" for instance -- although i understand that it is difficult to justify a position like that in the days of ebay.

personally, i don't mind REISSUES that are actually just REISSUES of the same material, but for someone like me who really likes the band and already owns all the original vinyl and cd releases, it kind of sucks when something new comes out for 130 euros and has extra stuff that i kind of want, but that i can not justify spending that much money on when i already own 90% of the music. i guess i could sell my original presses and buy the reissues instead, but this is where i'm a bit of a slave to materialism: i do like owning them first presses of things :mad:

But fuck it, we are recording this summer so hopefully a new (massive) album will emerge by year's end.
this, though, is great news

Yeah, sure. There really isn't any way around that. Such a box is very expensive to make and quite heavy on the postage costs to send. Naturally it is going to be limited. I think both the Opeth and Enslaved boxes in this series are still available though so I imagine the black editions won't sell out too soon.

JH

The Opeth boxes (limited to 1000) are sold out but don't sell for more than face value or less at this point. I think the Agalloch box will be more collectible and sought after since its limited to 500 copies and includes the unique Of Stone + live vinyl. Also, the vinyl included in the Opeth box has been pressed to death and offers nothing new except a different color. Although it sucks that your band won't get any money from this at least a lot of fans will have the opportunity to get this stuff on vinyl at a fraction of the price it would cost to get the originals. I think it'll sell it out fairly quickly especially as the word continues to spread. The red version is already gone.