best rectifier sound...

Marko@Rockvoice

New Metal Member
Mar 12, 2006
I am sure there has been discussion about this before but...
the search-option did not give me results that helped.

What is the best way to get a rectifier sound that sounds like the real thing without actually using the real thing?
I do not have the money for a dual or triple rectifier or even a roadking + box with V30's AND I do not have the room to record a loud amp. So I have to find another solution.

I own a POD XT pro but ... even with wisely used gain, bass and presence it doesn't get close. The sound character is good, but there is this fizz and it has not enough bottom punch and is not "straight" enough.

What about other modelers: NI guitar rig2, and the new Digitech,...?
What about using a BBE Sonic Maximizer or the Harmonic Converger?

I don't use very high-gain sounds. The rectifier's vintage channel with 50% gain is great for what I like.

Thanks in advance!
Marko

Revalver MKII has the best rectifier model I have heard. I think that would be your best bet. I would use some of the impulses that were posted around here with it like guitar hack's or DSS3's.

sounds pretty good but a bit muffled. I would try putting the tube screamer pedal before the amp model to tighten things up.

Yeah- thanks...
I installed the Revalver MK2 Demo and tried some sounds.
Much more authentic than the POD of course.
Here's what I did:
3 guitars (L,C,R) directly into the RME HDSP and Revalver-plugin in Cubase.
Sometimes there's a short noise on each track - caused by the demo-version of REvalver mk2.

http://www.rockvoice.de/audio/rectifier-revalver-3guitars.mp3

Where can I get great impulses?

Sounds good, but as someone mentioned a bit muffled. Revalver has a "resample" button on the cabinet module. Depress it because it steals alot of overtones, it will sound alot brighter. Maybe turn up the treble a bit ;)