Best release by an 80s band... from this past decade?

Scorpions - Humanity Hour 1. Great great release. I've been a fan of this band going back to the 70s (though they hit thier peak in th 80's).

I don't know about that one. They hit their commercial peak in the 80s, but I would argue that their best discs were in the 70s in my opinion. In terms of Humanity Hour 1 though, I haven't listened to it so I can't judge. I do seem to be one of the few that likes their new release quite a bit, though I wouldn't call it one of the best in the last 10 years.

I would actually rate this above anything I mentioned. I forgot about this gem and I think it might be the best thing they've ever recorded.
I would rate it slightly behind their 2nd album The Force which is just a deadly thrash album!!:headbang::headbang::headbang:

Sacrifice-The Ones I Condemn which was my #1 album of 2009, talk about a comeback!!! HOLY THRASH HELL

I would rate it slightly behind their 2nd album The Force which is just a deadly thrash album!!:headbang::headbang::headbang:

I love The Force, but I think Killing Peace just sticks with me longer. I think the songs are a little more memorable, giving the slight nod to KP.

I'm going to fudge it a little bit because it was from 98, but its such a good release...

Sinner-The Nature of Evil

Scorpions - Humanity Hour 1. Great great release. I've been a fan of this band going back to the 70s (though they hit thier peak in th 80's).

This is my vote, as well. I had not paid any attention to the Scorpions since Savage Amusement in 1988. I went to the Humanity: Hour I tour merely for the nostalgia trip, not having heard any of the new songs. I came away thinking "Holy crap, what were those awesome songs that I was unfamiliar with?"

Turns out it was every song from the new album that they played that night. I picked up the new one shortly thereafter and was blown away by how good it is. At least five rock solid awesome songs :headbang:

I've had a Scorpions fan tell me that 2004's Unbreakable is even better, but I haven't heard it.

'Karma' by Winger - this album just owns in every way possible.

Some runners up include 'Brave New World' by Maiden, 'When Death Comes' by Artillery and 'Infestation' by Ratt.

This is my vote, as well. I had not paid any attention to the Scorpions since Savage Amusement in 1988. I went to the Humanity: Hour I tour merely for the nostalgia trip, not having heard any of the new songs. I came away thinking "Holy crap, what were those awesome songs that I was unfamiliar with?"

Turns out it was every song from the new album that they played that night. I picked up the new one shortly thereafter and was blown away by how good it is. At least five rock solid awesome songs :headbang:

I've had a Scorpions fan tell me that 2004's Unbreakable is even better, but I haven't heard it.

Unbreakable did have some great songs, several of my favorites were Someday is Now, in fact that's probably my favorite song between the two releases but I felt overall Humanity Hour was stronger from beginning to end.

Here's two for me.

Dream Theater - Black Clouds & Silver Linings is as good as anything they've ever done IMO

Slayer - God Hates Us All is my second favorite behind Reign In Blood