Best replacement for LeCab?

2ebs76w.jpg

LOL, that's great! Thanks! I've posted this to our official Facebook page (with credit, of course.)

I heartily endorse Recabinet, although I find blending with a third party IR helps; there's a bit too much mud for me with the supplied sims. Catharsis & the Mesa cab is a winning combo IMO.

Recabinet for sure and I combine it with michrich's 57/421 recto cab impulse. No doubt in my mind recabinet is king :)

~scott

Not to be too controversial here, and I know that iFace exists (which I own), but it would be ideal if recabinet could have functionality where the user could specify a cabinet library to be accessed by drop-down menus in the GUI.

For example, be able to point to an XML file that has the tree structure with file names and paths, and build a menu from it. This way I can keep my favourites, and we can include the redwirez library as well.

I guess all that Shane would need to do is specify a menu file format and implement an import function for that. Is that even possible?

Not to be too controversial here, and I know that iFace exists (which I own), but it would be ideal if recabinet could have functionality where the user could specify a cabinet library to be accessed by drop-down menus in the GUI.

For example, be able to point to an XML file that has the tree structure with file names and paths, and build a menu from it. This way I can keep my favourites, and we can include the redwirez library as well.

I guess all that Shane would need to do is specify a menu file format and implement an import function for that. Is that even possible?

+1!! Something as simple as this would really increase my workflow, would make a world of difference!!

I also own iface, and yeah the menu is nice, with one exception; it lists all RedWirez cabinets in the menu even if you dont own them. Select one and it tells you it's NA, but overall it does increase the speed for choosing cabs.

Recab's menu for the stock cabs is nice because it only shows what's included. What Recab would really benefit from, imo, is along the lines of what HOFX said... the ability to selct the folder your 3rd party impulses are in then save that so it goes there every time you want to navigate to a new ir. iFace makes you select the cab/impulse folder the first time you want to load an external ir then it remembers it.

Either way, Recab is awesome and if you use RedWire's ir's iface is a great chioce.

~scott

+ 64bit AAX

In the works, along with a few small UI enhancements in the next free update to Recabinet 3.

After that, Recabinet 3 will be at the end of its product cycle, and more concerted focus will be put on Recabinet 4 (slated for Q1 or Q2 of 2014), which will be a major update with lots of new stuff to play with. I'll keep you guys posted (of course.)

wow it's been a long time I don't know anything from recabinet, I remember the ol' tangerine cabs ahhh my first good tones, I've been using sir2 'cause of the easy library but I just checked the recabi 3 clips and they sound awesome! the new vst looks great too. any info about what's coming on recabi 4?

and just a heads up...I searched for "recabinet 3.5" on google and one of the first results have the plugin on one of those places...and looks like the link actually works...I can post/pm the links if you want

wow it's been a long time I don't know anything from recabinet, I remember the ol' tangerine cabs ahhh my first good tones, I've been using sir2 'cause of the easy library but I just checked the recabi 3 clips and they sound awesome! the new vst looks great too. any info about what's coming on recabi 4?

Right on. The funny thing about the cabinet that was sampled for "Tangerine" was that it was a rental that was obviously used for gigging. Top of the line, made in UK Orange 4x12 that some (likely HxC kid) had not only left footprints on top of, but was also (I surmised) so overweight that he actually cracked the enclosure's glue so that the cabinet had a visible sideways slant to it. Amazingly, this ended up being one of the best sounding 4x12s in the entire library. :lol:

and just a heads up...I searched for "recabinet 3.5" on google and one of the first results have the plugin on one of those places...and looks like the link actually works...I can post/pm the links if you want

I have a guy who checks for stuff like this on a regular basis, but he's on holiday for a few days. PM me the link and I'll get on it, I didn't see it myself (no matter how I phrased my search.) Thanks!