Best sites to find band members?

ItsAFugazzi

boat is boat.
Jun 4, 2008
North East, UK.
www.myspace.com
I'm trying to get a band on the go to play my music. I don't really know any musicians, all my friends either aren't into rock or don't play instruments (well).

SO, I've just joined up to partysounds.co.uk, bandmix.co.uk and joinmyband.co.uk. Not much going on.

Anyone else know any other ways to find band members? Sites, places, ads? If you have an experience with this sorta thing shoot some ideas out at me.

Cheers,

- Rick.

MySpace offers musician classifieds where you will find a ton of people/bands looking for musicians, or you can post your own. You need to have an artist account with them and not a personal one in order to post on there I believe. Good luck with all of these online services, I have been a member of several for a couple of years now with no luck so far, hopefully you have a better experience.

Planning on doing that AIC-style stuff? Plz say yes, that would killer!

~006

there's a site called musofinder which isn't bad, managed to arrange a jam with a drummer through that last year. Other than that I've had most luck starting up a myspace with a couple of tracks and randomly adding people from the area, had a few vocalists bassists and drummers get in contact to audition since we started ours.

Maybe this might be a good community market. A global band seeking members/engineers/other staff etc or vice versa kind site. Because Finland is so small, we have one major site for almost everything; One metal-orientated webcommunity (imperiumi.net) and one general musicians community (muusikoiden.net) where literally almost everyone seek their bandmates online, but I don't think the thing is similiar elsewhere or is there?

google for any local band search engines or catalogs, different keyword combinations might get you there.
or check out any music-related shops or bigger boards that are somewhat local or attached to your country, sometimes they have an extra section for musicians...

I always see ads stuck to the bulletin boards in the entrances of music stores around me, which seems like a good place to get lots of viewers...