Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Loci

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters

Allfader

Kvelding
Mar 14, 2006
Near Mountains
Since nobody did it, the mandatory poll is here.

Mine is My Domain. It's the most epic track on the album. For A Thousand Years to Come and Reason comes closer.

I will exclude My Domain, because eventhough it was on the CD, I really don't think it is part of the "new" material. I really love CotE, Worldwide and Abrasion Tide... tough call but I'll give it to AT...

Surprised Abrasion Tide is getting so many votes, that feels like one of the weaker points imo. Anyway, no surprises that my vote goes to My Domain.

Since nobody did it, the mandatory poll is here.

Mine is My Domain. It's the most epic track on the album. For A Thousand Years to Come and Reason comes closer.

Ah damn you bet me to it! I was thinking of doing this thread for some time, but I wanted to wait more, at least a bit after it was one month since the release.

And right now I can't decide, I'll have to meditate on this :p .

Right now it is a tough choice for me between For a thousand years to come and Abrasion Tide... But my vote has gone to For a thousand years to come....So many great songs.

i was undecided too. i voted for a thousand years....i like abrasion tide, but the chorus's voice drives me mad so.... :loco:

Using Agah's quote and applying the old switcheroo yields my verdict:

Not a big fan of Andeas' clean vocals on this one, so my vote went to My Domain. Fleshflower gets my silver medal.

Not a big fan of Andeas' clean vocals on this one, so my vote went to Fleshflower. My Domain gets my silver medal.

:p

Right now it is a tough choice for me between For a thousand years to come and Abrasion Tide... But my vote has gone to For a thousand years to come....So many great songs.

Agreed, all are great songs, and only one vote! Tsk, 'tis not fair :( .

I still can't decide between 'Reason', 'Worldwide' and 'Coalition of the Elements'. 'Worldwide' has been the one that has been in my head the most amount of times and for the longest time, so I'll probably go with that one.

After some thinking I choice 'Worldwide'. Still, it's not fair that you can only choose one track, each one is special in its own way.

Final answer:

I choose all!!! :)

I think it's interesting that the one that has the most votes is 'My Domain'. It's certainly a great track, but I think that there're many tracks that are much better in every sense. Epic, but for me not the best.

View Poll Results: Best 'Universal' track?
Havoc 2 6.25%
Reason 3 9.38%
The Stir of Seasons 0 0%
For a Thousand Years to Come 6 18.75%
Abrasion Tide 4 12.50%
Fleshflower 4 12.50%

Worldwide 1 3.13%
My Domain 11 34.38%
Coalition of the Elements 0 0%
Loci

i think this is one of those cases that shows how completely wrong conclusions can be drawn from statistical data.

think of how different the percentages might be if it were 5 Vortex vs 5 Vintersorg songs. now, everybody that prefers Vortex vocals votes 1 song, whereas everybody who prefers Vintersorg's vote different songs.

i think this is one of those cases that shows how completely wrong conclusions can be drawn from statistical data.

think of how different the percentages might be if it were 5 Vortex vs 5 Vintersorg songs. now, everybody that prefers Vortex vocals votes 1 song, whereas everybody who prefers Vintersorg's vote different songs.

that's true!
i like my domain, but i decided to not vote it deliberately because it's something alien to today's borknagar, the song was written in the past, for a past's singer.